OTHER LANGUAGES: German
My Spaghetti Gorgonzola recipe I show you in this post. The Gorgonzola sauce is a simple and tasty pasta sauce and is absolutely safe with a few tips.
Gorgonzola is a northern Italian blue cheese, you can use another blue cheese for the preparation of the Gorgonzola sauce, but the original tastes best!
Expect about 30 minutes cooking time for this pasta preparation, sounds great after all… Good luck!
1. Shopping List Spaghetti Gorgonzola
Here the practical shopping list for the pasta with Gorgonzola…
- onions, shallots or spring onions
- olive oil
- dry white wine
- salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, nutmeg
- parsley or chervil
The exact ingredient amounts can be found below in the spaghetti with gorgonzola sauce recipe.
The last two ingredients are my secret ingredient, I like to serve the spaghetti gorgonzola with pear honey 🙂
NOW it starts, next the most important tips for Gorgonzola sauce…
2. Prepare Gorgonzola Sauce, the most important Professional Chefs Tips
The most essential factor in the preparation of the cheese sauce is the temperature. Prepare the cream base sauce.
Before you add the cheese to the sauce, the sauce must be tempered and the sauce must not boil any more.
- Sweat onions and garlic in olive oil until colourless.
- Deglaze with white wine.
- Mix cold cream with cornflour and add.
- Bring the sauce to the boil and season with a little salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and nutmeg.
- Strain the sauce through a fine sieve and place next to the stove. Let it cool down to 80°C.
- Cook the spaghetti, peel the pears next to it, dice finely and mix with honey.
- Crumble the gorgonzola into small pieces and stir into the sauce with a whisk.
- Pour off the pasta, drain well, add to the sauce and mix, arrange, serve sprinkled with a little pear honey and walnuts.
The delicious gorgonzola sauce tastes great as a lukewarm and cold dip with various vegetable sticks such as carrots, celery, cauliflower, broccoli and kohlrabi…
3. Spaghetti Gorgonzola Recipe
Below you will find the recipe with exact ingredients. Good success with the final preparation!
- 1 pc small onion
- 1 pc garlic
- 2 tbs oliv oil
- 100 ml l dry white wine
- 200 ml l cream
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 100-150 g Gorgonzola
- 25 g Butter
- 3 pinch salt
- 3 pinch white pepper
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- 2 pinch nutmeg
- 250 g Spaghetti
- 2 EL walnut
- 1 pc pears
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 bunch chervil or parsley
- Dice onion and garlic, sweat in a pan with butter until translucent, deglaze with white wine.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Slowly add the cream to the boiling liquid.
- Leave the sauce to stand next to the stove at a moderate temperature.
- Cut the gorgonzola into small pieces. Stir 2/3 into the sauce. Leave to simmer at low heat, season with salt and pepper.
- Note on Gorgonzola: Gorgonzola is a very strong cheese. Those who like this taste can prepare the sauce from very ripe Gorgonzola. For all other connoisseurs, the younger the gorgonzola, the more discreet. Instead of Gorgonzola you can use the creamier Gorgonzolatorte, which is finer and lighter in taste.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot with plenty of salted water and 2 tablespoons of olive oil until al dente.
- Immediately add the drained pasta to the gorgonzola sauce in the pan and mix well.
- Serve the pasta on warm plates, turning the spaghetti with a fork and placing it in the middle of the plates.
- Chop some walnuts to sprinkle. Decorate each portion with chopped and whole walnuts, add the remaining gorgonzola in small pieces to the pasta and serve.
- I like to serve the pasta decorated with some pear cubes and some honey! Sprinkle the pasta with freshly cut parsley or some chervil.
4. Calories Spaghetti with Gorgonzola Sauce
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Italian Pasta Recipes
- Pasta & Noodles Recipes
- Vegetarian Main Dishes Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German