Today I’m going to show you my scrambled eggs with crabs. It’s a cooking quickie for your kitchen.
This egg dish is perfect for an extended breakfast or brunch. At the same time, it is a quick lunch or dinner.
Please get the North Sea crabs very fresh and process them promptly. Small shrimps are an alternative, but do not come close to the original taste of the North Sea inhabitants.
Then let’s get started right away. I hope you enjoy the instructions and my video 🙂 I wish you good luck!
1. Tips for purchasing and preparation
I have already written about scrambled eggs in detail elsewhere. If you are looking for variations on egg dishes, please click on the magic word in the first sentence.
Nevertheless, I will leave you with a few tips here:
- Use organic or Demeter eggs, this helps the wildlife and all of us.
- Eggs and prawns should be really fresh
- Buy herbs according to market supply
- Optionally you can think of diced tomatoes for taste and decoration.
- Butter and oil or ghee or clarified butter (surely in the house or?)
- A suitable pan with coating or new stainless steel technology (ask me)
We could of course talk more about quail eggs now, but I’d like to save that for another day, let’s get to the preparation quickly. After all, I promised a quick number!
Buy fresh crabs, organic eggs taste better, don’t forget herbs!Cooking quickie setting recommended by chef Thomas Sixt
2. Recipe scrambled eggs with crabs
- 100-200 g North Sea crabs
- 4-5 pc eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt I use primal salt or Himalayan salt
- 4-6 pinches pepper black, ground
- 1-2 pinches Cayenne pepper
- 2 tbs herbs I use thyme or cress
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 15 g butter or olive oil
- Prepare the North Sea crabs. Washing the crabs is not absolutely necessary, the smell test makes sure!
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and season with salt, pepper and optional thyme.
- Beat the eggs with a fork. You can also prepare the egg dish in portions, but then only beat 2-3 eggs in the bowl.
- Heat the pan and pour in the oil. Pour the egg into the pan and cook, stirring. Just before serving, add butter at a significantly reduced temperature.
- Arrange the egg dish on warmed plates or bowls. Garnish with the North Sea prawns and herbs and serve quickly. Enjoy your meal!