OTHER LANGUAGES: German
My recipe Scallops with Asparagus is a real hit as a starter. The dish is very simple and consists of only a few ingredients.
The cooking video scallops with asparagus shows you how to prepare it step by step.
I wish you every success! I will be happy if you share the recipe with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest. Good luck!
- 1. Scallop Starter
- 2. Scallops with Asparagus
- 3. Fry Scallops properly
- 4. My Cooking Video Scallops Starter with Asparagus
- 5. Recipe Scallops as Starter with Asparagus
- 6. Decoration Tips for Starter with Scallops
- 7. Calories of the Starter with Scallops
1. Scallop Starter
I have chosen an Asian variant that offers variety especially during the asparagus season. You can buy scallops fresh or use the frozen ones. Fresh is of course better, but the goods from the fish market – if without shell is often thawed. Let the scallops thaw slowly in cold water. If you don’t like the Asian version so much, just try the classic scallops with truffles for yourself. But I will also show you a variation of this dish below.
2. Scallops with Asparagus
The scallop is a noble ingredient and therefore goes very well with the young, green asparagus.
2.1 Scallops Asparagus, Shiitake and Soy Sauce (Asian)
I combine my Asian Variant with soy sauce and shiitake mushrooms. You can add young, fried garlic, which is very good. You can find my complete recipe at the bottom of the page.
2.2 Scallops with Asparagus, Morels and Truffle Foam
You can prepare the dish in a similar way, but also with fresh morels. Morels must be boiled briefly (they are poisonous raw), then quenched cold and the asparagus ends (blanched beforehand) placed in the morel umbrellas. Then add a light white truffle foam of 100 ml vegetable broth, 100 ml whipped cream, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, a little nutmeg, 1 tsp cornflour (stir cold in white wine), bring to the boil and add 30 g cold butte to a tablespoon of white truffle oil.
3. Fry Scallops properly
The scallops should be thawed or fresh and well drained. I usually season the scallops before frying. Classic would be salt and white pepper I use black pepper because my wife does not like the white pepper.
3.1 Scallops which Oil or Fat to fry?
You can fry the scallops in clarified butter or ghee (clarified butter). Second variation: Fry the scallops in a little sunflower oil or maize germ oil, then add a little butter shortly before serving.
3.2 Grapes when frying the Scallops
Add a sprig of thyme and a halved clove of garlic to the scallops, which will flavor finely and become noticeable later on the palate.
4. My Cooking Video Scallops Starter with Asparagus
5. Recipe Scallops as Starter with Asparagus
- 8 pc scallops
- 12 pc shiitake mushrooms
- 1 bunch green asparagus
- 1 pc spring onion
- 2-3 tbs soy sauce
- 1-2 tbs Mirin sweet rice wine
- 1 tbs sun flower oil
- some sesame oil
- Wash and dry the scallops and prepare them for frying.
- Place a pan on top and heat, place a steam pot with water on top and bring water to the boil.
- Lightly peel the green asparagus on the underside, cut into approx. 3 cm long pieces and cook until al dente in a steamer.
- Cut the shiitake mushrooms into strips and sauté vigorously in the pan with a little sunflower oil. Allow the mushrooms to take on colour and slide them onto one side of the pan.
- Fry the prepared scallops in the pan on both sides.
- Cut the spring onion into fine strips.
- Add the cooked asparagus to the pan with the other ingredients, deglaze with mirin and soy sauce and glaze over high heat.
- Arrange mushrooms and asparagus on plates, add scallops and decorate with spring onion rings.
- Sprinkle with sesame oil and serve.
6. Decoration Tips for Starter with ScallopsYou can add young, freshly fried garlic. After frying, lightly salt the garlic. Sesame black and brown is also very good, goji berries would bring some red on the plate. Also tomato cubes are another possibility.
7. Calories of the Starter with Scallops
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Asian Recipes
- Asparagus Recipes
- Fish & Seafood
- Gluten-Free Starters Recipes
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes
- Low Carb Recipes
- Mussels Recipes
- Recipes with Cooking Videos from Thomas Sixt
- Starters & Appetizers
OTHER LANGUAGES: German