OTHER LANGUAGES: German
My LOW CARB recipe Salmon with Vegetables is presented here in this article.
The preparation is easy and fast and is almost without carbohydrates. So this is a great dish for an effective diet with lots of protein, vitamins and fibre.
A healthy meal, a carefree attitude to life and a contribution to your health!
I wish you success in cooking and good appetite!
1. Preparation and Shopping
For our low carb salmon dish we only need a few working tools, namely
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Fish knife
- Pan or oven and ovenproof baking pan
- Kitchen paper
As our ingredients we buy:
- Salmon fillets
- Salt, pepper
- Olive oil
- Red onion
- Unsalted cashews
My tip for salmon fillet: When buying salmon, please do not be unnecessarily thrifty. I recommend the purchase of organic salmon. Please buy the fish where there is a lot of turnover or the good quality is known. If you have any doubts, please use frozen organic goods!
2. Salmon Preparation quick and easy
My salmon preparation: I rinse the salmon briefly under clear water before roasting. Then I dab the salmon dry with a kitchen roll.
If you have bought a fish fillet with skin, you should remove the skin with a sharp knife. To do this, place the fillet with the skin side down on your kitchen board and cut out the fish fillet close to the skin.
Just before preparation, please do not forget to add salt and pepper. The use of lemon juice is optional. It is not necessary for hygienic reasons like 100 years ago. But I personally like the taste of lemon and therefore add some splashes directly from the fresh lemon.
3. How you can easily prepare Salmon
After my salmon is perfectly prepared, I can consider the cooking method. For this dish there are two variations:
3.1 Frying Salmon in a Pan
One way to cook my fish filet is to fry it in a pan. For this I use a little sunflower oil or olive oil – it works without oil in a coated pan – and fry the salmon for 2-3 minutes on each side.
So this variant is fast. For the vegetables I would use another pan separately.
3.2 Prepare Salmon in the Oven
Another possibility is preparation in the oven. For this I have to preheat my oven at 220° C. I put my fish in the oven mould after 15 minutes of preheating time and reduce the temperature to 80-90° C. The fish can now remain in the oven for about 10 minutes.
This variant takes a little longer (preheating time!), but I can cook the fish in the oven parallel to the vegetables in the pan.
4. Prepare Vegetables
My vegetable preparation: I peel and halve red onions. Then I cut them into strips and fry them.
I wash the zucchini and cut off the ends. Then I quarter them lengthwise. Often I also remove the inside, the seeds. Then I cut the quarters into nice pieces and put them into the pan.
Now I season with pepper and salt and add the cashew nuts.
5. Recipe Salmon with Vegetables
- 2 pc salmon fillet
- 2 tbs olive oil or rape oil
- 2 pinches salt I use Himalayan salt!
- 1 pinch pepper I use white pepper here!
- 2 pc courgettes
- 2 pc red onion
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs cashews unsalted
- 1-2 pinches salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Rinse the fish under cold water and pat dry. Season each fish with a pinch of salt and some freshly ground pepper (black or white).
- Heat the rapeseed oil in the pan. Place the salmon fillets in the pan and reduce the temperature slightly. Depending on the thickness of the fish fillets, fry the salmon for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Peel and halve the red onion and cut into strips. Fry the onion strips in oil.
- Wash the zucchini. Cut off the ends. Cut the zucchini into quarters and remove the seeds.Add the zucchini to the onions in the pan. Season with salt and pepper.Add unsalted cashew nuts.
- Place the vegetables in the middle of preheated plates. Place the freshly fried fish on top and serve.Bon appetit!
6. Calories (kcal) and Nutritional Values for this Dish
7. Further suitable PostsCook Salmon Spaghetti like a Chef, Recipe with Step by Step Photos
Asparagus Soup with Salmon, Step by Step Photo Recipe
Salmon in the Oven Recipe with Step by Step Instructions prepare Salmon Fillet and cook gently
Easy to prepare Salmon with Asparagus and Sauce Hollandaise
Salmon Noodles with Lemon Sauce, Artichokes and Cress – simple Recipe for Salmon Pasta
Salmon with Spinach, Low Carb Recipe with Star Chef Tips and Cooking Video
Salmon breaded with Sesame, Recipe Salmon in Sesame Coat with Wasabi Cream Dip. Easy Kochwiki with Video.
Roast Salmon, Recipe with simple Side Dish
Step by Step Preparation of Salmon Starter and Roesti, Recipe as Kitchen Story with Video
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Current and New Recipes
- Fish & Seafood
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes
- Low Carb Recipes
- Main Courses Recipes
- Quick Meals
OTHER LANGUAGES: German