Salad with Prawns with Avocado and Quail Egg, Kitchen Story with Recipe Video and Chef Tips
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
- 1. Salad with Prawns
- 2. Salad with Avocado
- 3. Salad with Quail Egg
- 4. Quail Egg Cooking Video Tutorial
- 5. Salad with Prawns Dressing
- 6. Preparing Leaf Salads and other Salads
- 7. Video Salad with Prawns and Avocado
- 8. Recipe Salad with Prawns and Avocado
- 9. Calorie Salad with Prawns and Avocados, the Nutritional Values
1. Salad with PrawnsWatch out for good shrimps. The bigger the shrimps, the better, raw shrimps that are not blanched are fried at the end when the salad is almost ready. Dry the prawns well and heat the pan a lot so that the prawns really fry and do not boil. By the way, I always fry the prawns without peel, which comes off before. I don’t like to cut the shrimps on the plate, it is also more pleasant for the guests if the shrimps can be eaten directly from or with the salad. The preparation of blanched shrimps is shown in the cooking video. I only heat the blanched shrimps in the marinade or in the salad dressing. Take a look at the cooking video, it’s very easy!
2. Salad with AvocadoI like the avocado very much and therefore it is allowed in this salad. The avocado I buy most ripe, recognizable by its soft appearance. You can put hard avocados on the windowsill for one or two days, so the avocados ripen and then taste excellent. Both shrimps and avocados get along very well with olive oil and lemon juice. So this combination is unbeatable in taste. I also like it exotic, so I combine it with coriander and soy sauce. If you don’t like coriander, you can use parsley or chervil, both are perfect with the ingredients in this salad.
3. Salad with Quail EggQuail eggs are a noble ingredient and turn any salad into a gourmet dish. You can buy quail eggs in our supermarket in Vienna, my mother in Munich buys them at the market in Schwabing. You can prepare the quail eggs hard, waxy or in the core still liquid cooked and then lay on the salad. Cook hard quail eggs for 4 minutes, soft quail eggs need about 3 minutes 40 seconds, soft quail eggs between 3 and 3 minutes 30 seconds. Please cook a trial egg so that you are really completely satisfied. The eggs will not be pierced, so prepare the quail eggs for about an hour at room temperature. Put the eggs in the boiling water, then immediately in ice water, so that the cooking process is interrupted. The eggs are drained, cut in half with a serrated knife, then removed from the shell with a teaspoon and made ready for serving.
4. Quail Egg Cooking Video TutorialThe preparation of the quail eggs I show you in this video:
5. Salad with Prawns DressingMy salad dressing for this salad consists of young goats, some garlic, lemon juice, cashew nuts, coriander, chilli and olive oil. You can add a little sugar according to your own taste. The salad dressing is light and very pleasant in taste. The shrimps are marinated lukewarm and develop a great aroma.
6. Preparing Leaf Salads and other SaladsFor this step, which you do first, I have some helpful articles for you: If you want to use lamb’s lettuce please have a look at the article lamb’s lettuce cleaning and washing. For the other types of lettuce there is the article washing lettuce. Lettuce should always be washed and well dried or spun, since only dry lettuce can accept the dressing well.
7. Video Salad with Prawns and AvocadoYou can look directly over my shoulders while cooking and the video should help you cook yourself.
8. Recipe Salad with Prawns and AvocadoBelow you will find my recipe for this wonderful starter. It’s even easier, I’ll show you with the salad with prawns, using lamb’s lettuce and flambéing the prawns before serving.
Salad with Prawns and Avocado
Simple salad with prawns, avocado, quail egg and coriander with refreshing salad dressing.
|120||g||leaf salad mixed|
|1||bunch||coriander cabbage fresh (or parsley, chervil)|
|4||pc||quail eggs cooked|
Prepare and prepare leaf salads. Please follow the instructions in the article on washing lettuce.
Cut the washed spring onion into strips and finely chop some garlic. Heat a pan and sauté the onions and garlic in a little olive oil. Add the cashew nuts. Pluck the coriander and cut finely.
Squeeze the lemon, add the juice to the spring onions and nuts, season with a little soy sauce, add the prawns and coriander, add the olive oil and the chilli and marinate.
Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and cut the flesh into small pieces. Add the avocado pieces to the prawns in the pan and marinate.
Add the lukewarm shrimp and vegetable mixture to the salad, mix and arrange. Add quail eggs and avocado to the salad and serve quickly.
9. Calorie Salad with Prawns and Avocados, the Nutritional Values