OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I present to you with the recipe Fried Asparagus one of my favorite ways of preparing asparagus.
This is the fried asparagus, either from the oven or from the pan. The roast asparagus works with green asparagus and white asparagus, but the spears should not be too thick, but you can also halve the length of the asparagus.
The recipe Roasted Asparagus can be found at the end of this page. I would be happy if you try this, this way of cooking asparagus provides variety in the asparagus season. Please share this article with your friends!
1. Roasted white Asparagus
The white asparagus can be roasted wonderfully, note the thickness of the asparagus spears. A diameter of about one centimetre is ideal. Thicker asparagus spears are simply cut in half lengthwise. The white asparagus must be completely peeled using a high-quality pendulum peeler and start peeling about 3 cm below the tip of the asparagus.
2. Roasted green Asparagus
The green asparagus is ideal for frying in the oven, in the pan and even for grilling. Asparagus is usually thin in diameter, cooks faster than white asparagus and tolerates high temperatures. The green asparagus is only peeled on the underside, i.e. the four to five centimetres at the end of the spear.
3. Roast Asparagus in the Oven
Prepare the asparagus as described above and place the asparagus spears on a baking tray with baking paper or in a roaster. Season the asparagus with salt, pepper, some sugar and sprinkle the asparagus with olive oil. Add some thyme to taste. The oven is preheated at 200-220°C hot air and only when the temperature is reached the prepared asparagus is pushed into the oven. The asparagus takes about 15-20 minutes – just try an asparagus spear to get the desired degree of cooking.
4. Fry Asparagus in the Pan
For this you need a coated pan with lid. Place the asparagus in the hot pan, add olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the temperature and fry the asparagus evenly with the lid on but not closed. Give the asparagus about 8-10 minutes, then add some sugar and cook the asparagus. The sugar is added later so that it does not burn but caramelises lightly. You can add thyme or parsley to taste shortly before serving.
5. What goes with roasted Asparagus?
Roasted asparagus is generally a great side dish for fish, meat and seafood. The fried asparagus can also be served with parsley potatoes and sauce Hollandaise.
6. Roasted Asparagus with Ham and Cheese
If you want to serve the asparagus with ham, first prepare it in the oven as described above. Remove the asparagus from the oven a little earlier, either wrap it in ham or place the ham on top of the asparagus and finish with grated cheese. You can do this with gouda or mountain cheese or with parmesan. Put the ham-cheese asparagus back in the oven, if you like, with the grill step.
7. My Recipe roasted Asparagus
- 300 g green asparagus or white asparagus
- some salt
- some pepper
- some brown sugar
- some oliv oil
- some thyme (dryed or fresh)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (hot air). Prepare and peel the asparagus according to the instructions in the article. Place the asparagus on a baking tray with baking paper or in a suitable roaster.
- Season the asparagus spears with salt, pepper and sugar. Sprinkle asparagus with olive oil. Add thyme to taste.
- When the oven temperature is reached, place the prepared asparagus in the oven and fry for 15-20 minutes. Then serve the asparagus according to taste.
8. Calories of roasted Asparagus, the Nutritional Values
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Asparagus Recipes
- Low Carb Recipes
- Low Carb Vegetarian Recipes
- Side Dishes Recipes
- Vegetables Side Dishes
- Vegetarian Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German