Roasted Asparagus in the Oven, simple Recipe for the Asparagus Time
Thomas Sixt is a chef, food photographer and cookbook author.
Here he shares recipes, answers cooking questions and helps with cooking.
Table of Contents
1. Roasted white AsparagusThe white asparagus can be roasted wonderfully, note the thickness of the asparagus spears. A diameter of about one centimetre is ideal. Thicker asparagus spears are simply cut in half lengthwise. The white asparagus must be completely peeled using a high-quality pendulum peeler and start peeling about 3 cm below the tip of the asparagus. You can fry and grill white asparagus, but the spears should not be too thick!
2. Roasted green AsparagusThe green asparagus is ideal for frying in the oven, in the pan and even for grilling. Asparagus is usually thin in diameter, cooks faster than white asparagus and tolerates high temperatures. The green asparagus is only peeled on the underside, i.e. the four to five centimetres at the end of the spear. Green asparagus prepared for frying in the oven.
3. Roast Asparagus in the OvenPrepare the asparagus as described above and place the asparagus spears on a baking tray with baking paper or in a roaster. Season the asparagus with salt, pepper, some sugar and sprinkle the asparagus with olive oil. Add some thyme to taste. The oven is preheated at 200-220°C hot air and only when the temperature is reached the prepared asparagus is pushed into the oven. The asparagus takes about 15-20 minutes – just try an asparagus spear to get the desired degree of cooking.
4. Fry Asparagus in the PanFor this you need a coated pan with lid. Place the asparagus in the hot pan, add olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the temperature and fry the asparagus evenly with the lid on but not closed. Give the asparagus about 8-10 minutes, then add some sugar and cook the asparagus. The sugar is added later so that it does not burn but caramelises lightly. You can add thyme or parsley to taste shortly before serving. Cooked Asparagus you dan also grill in the pan.
5. What goes with roasted Asparagus?Roasted asparagus is generally a great side dish for fish, meat and seafood. The fried asparagus can also be served with parsley potatoes and sauce Hollandaise. Asparagus with ham and Sauce Hollandaise.
6. Roasted Asparagus with Ham and CheeseIf you want to serve the asparagus with ham, first prepare it in the oven as described above. Remove the asparagus from the oven a little earlier, either wrap it in ham or place the ham on top of the asparagus and finish with grated cheese. You can do this with gouda or mountain cheese or with parmesan. Put the ham-cheese asparagus back in the oven, if you like, with the grill step.
7. My Recipe roasted Asparagus
Roasted Asparagus in the Oven
Roasted asparagus from the oven, a recipe for white and green asparagus by Thomas Sixt.
|300||g||green asparagus (or white asparagus)|
|some||thyme (dryed or fresh)|
Preheat the oven to 220°C (hot air). Prepare and peel the asparagus according to the instructions in the article. Place the asparagus on a baking tray with baking paper or in a suitable roaster.
Season the asparagus spears with salt, pepper and sugar. Sprinkle asparagus with olive oil. Add thyme to taste.
When the oven temperature is reached, place the prepared asparagus in the oven and fry for 15-20 minutes. Then serve the asparagus according to taste.
8. Calories of roasted Asparagus, the Nutritional Values
Comments, Cooking Questions and Answers
Below you can write to me directly.
Please don't forget the star rating on the recipe, 5 stars means you liked it!