Roast Salmon, Recipe with simple Side Dish
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Roast Salmon FilletHe looks so beautiful: Our finished salmon served on the plate. How do you get such a great result? Juicy fried salmon on a bed of potato and cabbage puree supplemented with fine cauliflower florets. © Thomas Sixt Food Photographer The raw salmon looks so great, I’m looking forward to the preparation! Salmon is already an appetizing sight raw. © Thomas Sixt Food Photographer A tender salmon fillet you should fry outside slightly crispy but inside juicy in a hot pan. If your fish is still slightly glassy on the inside, you have reached restaurant quality. If you don’t like it glassy, leave the fish in the pan for about 2 minutes longer.
Fish is not meat – the cooking times in the pan are short. That’s why you never leave the stove when roasting fish, otherwise dry fish on the plate is in danger!
2. Salmon Side DishesA salmon fillet tolerates many side dishes. In my cooking suggestion below I show you step by step how to prepare a potato and cabbage puree and cauliflower florets with butter crumbs. Other matching side dishes I show you in this table. Have fun combining!
|Satiating Side Dish||Mashed potatoes,
Green or white asparagus,
|Further Side Dishes||Salad,
2.1 Potato and Cabbage Puree with SaffronWe don’t just know about the various possibilities of puree preparation from the expansion of the media landscape with its numerous cooking and travel programmes. Potato and cauliflower puree with saffron as a new taste experience. Further puree possibilities:
- Mashed potatoes with leek
- Mashed potatoes with olives
- Mashed potatoes with dried tomatoes
- Mashed potatoes with pumpkin
- Mashed potatoes with herbs
- Mashed potatoes with parsnips
2.2 Cauliflower Florets with Breadcrumbs and ButterYour fish fillet is grateful, because it harmonizes with many vegetables. It is important that the fine aroma of the fish is not “killed” in the vegetable side dishes. I would therefore always recommend a vegetable with a light taste, such as asparagus, savoy cabbage, Brussels sprouts and, of course, cauliflower. I will show you how to prepare cauliflower in the recipe section below. I used white cauliflower. Just as suitable is the green Romanesco or a purple cauliflower.
3. This Way to the RecipeNow let’s get down to business and conjure something fine up on the table. With my step by step explanation I lead you to the perfect food.
Juicy salmon on mashed potatoes with cauliflower as vegetable garnish. A professional cook’s guide by Thomas Sixt with a variety of side dishes.
|2||tbsp||oliv oil (or rape seed oil)|
|2||pinches||Balasamico (I use Himalayan salt!)|
|1||pinch||Pepper (I'm using white pepper here!)|
|2||pinches||Salt (I use Himalayan salt!)|
Mashed Potatoes with Cauliflower and Saffron
|300||g||floury potatoes (if necessary also mainly waxy potatoes are used)|
Peel 300g potatoes and rinse briefly under running water. Cut the potatoes into small pieces and cook in salted water for 15-20 minutes. Then drain.
Clean and wash the cauliflower and cut the florets roughly from the stalk. Cook the cauliflower in salted water for 8-10 minutes, depending on the size of the florets. Then drain.
Put half of the cauliflower florets in a bowl or pot with the soft boiled potatoes. Keep the rest of the cauliflower florets warm.
Add 100 ml cream, 2 tablespoons butter, grated nutmeg, saffron threads and salt. Mix the mashed potatoes with a mixer.
Rinse the fish under cold water and pat dry. Season each fish with a pinch of salt and some freshly ground pepper (black or white).
Heat rapeseed oil in the pan. Place the salmon fillets in the pan and reduce the temperature slightly. Add 1 tablespoon clarified butter. Depending on the thickness of the fish fillets, fry the salmon hot on each side for approx. 4 minutes.
Fry 2 tbsp. clarified butter or butter parallel to the salmon in a pan and fry 4 tbsp. breadcrumbs. Spread the mashed potatoes/cauliflower on warm plates and drape the salmon on top. Add the remaining cauliflower florets to the plate and add the roasted breadcrumbs. Enjoy your meal!
4. Calories (kcal) and Nutritional Values for this Dish
5. More great Posts in this Blog about the Topic
Cook Salmon Spaghetti like a Chef, Recipe with Step by Step Photos
Asparagus Soup with Salmon, Step by Step Photo Recipe
Salmon in the Oven Recipe with Step by Step Instructions prepare Salmon Fillet and cook gently
Easy to prepare Salmon with Asparagus and Sauce Hollandaise
Prepare chilled, cold Cucumber Soup Recipe with Salmon Tartare or Avocado Tartare
Salmon Noodles with Lemon Sauce, Artichokes and Cress – simple Recipe for Salmon Pasta
Salmon with Spinach, Low Carb Recipe with Star Chef Tips and Cooking Video
Salmon breaded with Sesame, Recipe Salmon in Sesame Coat with Wasabi Cream Dip. Easy Kochwiki with Video.
Salmon Recipe easy, healthy, fast, with Video Guide
Step by Step Preparation of Salmon Starter and Roesti, Recipe as Kitchen Story with Video
Salmon Noodles – Pasta Recipe as a Kitchen Story with many Ideas to Cook yourself
Asian Salmon Noodles, Recipe with Video and Chef Tips, sure to succeed!
Fishburger prepare deliciously
How to Cook Cauliflower