OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Here comes my recipe for Roast Pork with red wine sauce and plums. The roast pork is popular all over the republic and this article summarizes the topic of roast pork.
Here you will get a good overview and certainly some ideas if you want to prepare your own roast pork.
Inspire your loved ones with the best roast pork from your own kitchen.
- 1. Roast Pork classic, a Question of the Region
- 2. Easy to prepare Roast Pork
- 2. Knuckle of Pork, the better Roast Pork?
- 3. Bavarian Roast Pork
- 4. Roast Pork with Herbs
- 5. Quick Roast Pork
- 6. Roast Pork in the Pot
- 7. Popular Side Dishes for Roast Pork
- 8. Recipe Roast Pork from the Oven
- 12. Calories Roast Pork, the nutritional Value at a Glance
- 13. All Recipes for Roast Pork and Side Dishes
1. Roast Pork classic, a Question of the Region
Roast pork is prepared differently from Munich to Hamburg. In Bavaria, a beer is always added to the sauce, while other chefs may combine the roast with red wine. In the culinary world, everything is allowed that tastes good at the end, so we will briefly and clearly deal with some pork roast recipes and the basic tricks.
2. Easy to prepare Roast Pork
You prepare the simple roast pork in the oven. I recommend you pork neck, pork neck or pork belly. Please wash the meat and dab dry, with the pork belly please the rind slightly cut in, so that a beautiful Krusperl develops. Season the meat well with salt, pepper and paprika and put into the preheated oven. You can use a high baking tray or a roast puree. The temperature range of 180°C has proved its worth. Add root vegetables such as carrots, parsley root, celery, onions and garlic and leave the roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes. The next step is to extinguish the roast, a decision has to be made here: Juice or broth, in addition white wine, red wine or beer. Here in the article, below I present you a recipe roast pork with red wine sauce, the sauce becomes very strong and strong in taste through the wine. This is more the Northern German variant of roast pork with Red Wine and Plums. Let us show you more ideas for delicious roast pork in the meantime…
2. Knuckle of Pork, the better Roast Pork?
The knuckle of pork is a great dish and such a fried knuckle of pork looks great and tastes great. In my recipe article you will learn everything you need to know to fry and cook knuckle of pork. Besides the recipe cooked knuckle of pork with sauerkraut I will show you the knuckle of pork prepared in a Bavarian way, plus tips from the star kitchen and shopping tips as well as a quantity calculation per person. After all, the knuckle of pork is an ideal family meal and should end up delicious on your table.
3. Bavarian Roast Pork
The bavarian roast pork is of course my favorite, I have a great recipe from my grandfather, Grandpa Loibl here on the site including roast pork cooking video. The roast from Bavaria is prepared with beer and is very popular. You can also look at crusty roast and get some good tips here. The recipe has become quite long, the most important side dishes for roast pork are described in detail.
4. Roast Pork with Herbs
The herb roast pork is prepared with plenty of herbs and it gets an incredible aroma. In the recipe I show you how to get the herbs in the roast. This roast pork with white wine is exciting and different.
5. Quick Roast Pork
Preparing a roast pork in less than 40 minutes is a challenge. With this recipe you can do it and serve your guests and loved ones a pink roast pork roast.
6. Roast Pork in the Pot
An similar nimble way of preparing roast pork is shown in the recipes “roast pork in a pot”. So that it goes fast the roast meat (here it is slices or steaks of the pork neck) is cut into slices and sautéed directly in the pan.
7. Popular Side Dishes for Roast Pork
Popular side dishes for roast pork are red cabbage (German – Bavarian name “Blaukraut”) and red cabbage (German name “Rotkraut”), sauerkraut, potato dumplings, bread dumplings, mashed potatoes, polenta, napkin dumplings and the famous “prezel” dumplings (German: Brezenknödel) and the braised vegetables which are produced during preparation.
8. Recipe Roast Pork from the Oven
Good success with this tasty very powerful variation of roast pork with red wine and plums.
- 1 kg pork belly
- some salt
- pinch black pepper grounded
- some Paprika
- 4 pc clove of garlic
- 1 bunch soup vegetable
- 6 pc big potatoes (or 4 small)
- 1 jar veal stock
- 500 ml Rioja (Spanish red wine) or other dry red wine
- 100 g dried prunes
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C hot air.
- Cut the pork belly on the skin side, season with salt, pepper and paprika. Place the meat in a roast purée, add the peeled garlic, chopped vegetables and potatoes.
- Put the roast in the oven and set the alarm clock to 30 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C.
- When the time is up, pour the veal stock and red wine over it and cook for another 50 minutes.
- Prepare red cabbage and mashed potatoes as side dishes or potato dumplings.
- At the end of the cooking time, pour the pork sauce into a saucepan, bring to the boil and mix with cold butter. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Place the dried plums in the sauce.
- Fry the crusty roast as required (should be crispy) briefly under the preheated grill until crispy, season with salt beforehand.
- Cut the meat open and serve with side dishes and sauce on preheated plates, serve quickly.
12. Calories Roast Pork, the nutritional Value at a GlanceAttention it concerns the nutritional values without supplements!
13. All Recipes for Roast Pork and Side DishesAll roast pork recipes on this cookblog: Knuckle of Pork Bavarian Style, crispy like on Oktoberfest
Roast pork with herbs
Quick roast pork with fillet
Bavarian roast pork with sauerkraut and dumplings
Roast pork in the pot Side dishes with roast pork:
Roast pork beer sauce
Pretzel dumpling original from Bavaria Salads to go with roast pork: Bavarian potato salad
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Bavarian Cuisine
- Main Courses Recipes
- Pork Recipes
- Recipes with Cooking Videos from Thomas Sixt
OTHER LANGUAGES: German