I would like to share my recipe for roasting peppers with you here. Preparing small green peppers is what this article is all about.
Most of us are familiar with the small peppers from Spain. Served as tapas, the little vegetables are a feast for the eyes and taste delicious.
Maybe you’re looking for a suitable side dish or you stumble across the small vegetables at your supermarket. Then you’ve come to the right place.You can serve these peppers quickly and inexpensively.
In addition to the Spanish original, you will also find a table with more than 12 variations of the pod preparation below the cooking instructions. Boredom was yesterday, today you cook with Thomas 🙂
Cooking success is guaranteed: check the photos and step-by-step instructions. I have also made a video for you. I wish you good luck and bon appétit!
1. Preparing roast peppers the tips from the cooking pro
In advance and if you are shopping, here are some tips:
- Buy intact and crispy fresh small peppers as much as possible.
- Almost all supermarkets in Germany sell this variety.
- Pay attention to the label on the packaging, as it is possible to confuse them with chilli peppers!
- Wash the peppers thoroughly and dry them.
- You need olive oil, salt, optional pepper and sugar.
- I use a special salt that gives the whole thing an absolute kick!
Be careful when shopping! There are also small green and very hot (chilli) pods.Tip from chef Thomas Sixt
Please use fleur de sel for this dish. It’s delicious and I’ve seen a Spanish star chef do it!Preparation tip from chef Thomas Sixt
2. Recipe roasted paprika
Find below the exact ingredients and the step by step instructions with many photos. The cooking video is embedded below the recipe!
By the way, you can send me a cooking question directly via the comment function!
- 250 g small green peppers
- 1 tbs oliv oil
- 1-2 tsp salt I use Fleur de Sel
- 4-6 pinches pepper black, grounded I use optional
- 3 pinches sugar I use optional
- Wash the peppers thoroughly under cold running water, lay them out to dry on a cloth.
- Have fleur de sel or coarse sea salt and olive oil ready.
- Fry the small pods in a pan or wok over medium-high heat. Keep the pods moving constantly and cook evenly. Season with salt little by little. Optionally, you can add pepper and sugar to taste towards the end of the cooking time.
- Arrange the fried peppers in bowls and serve quickly. Enjoy your meal!
3. Calories and nutritional values
4. Preparation in the oven
You can also cook the pods in the oven. My tips for this:
- Please do not mix with other vegetables.
- Adjust the cooking point well and stay with the oven.
- Marinate the pods in a bowl with oil and salt.
- Place on a tray with baking paper.
- The pods must not be on top of each other.
- Preheat the grill or hot-air grill to a temperature of 220°C or more.
- Turn the pods at least once.
I prefer to fry in a pan or wok, so I can taste the pods and take them out of the pan at the right moment!Tip from Chef Thomas Sixt
5. Ideas for +12 variations of preparation
Beyond Spanish cuisine, you can prepare the small pods in other variations, the table helps as a compass with the indication of the flavour.
|Complementary ingredients||Description and taste|
|Cream or soy cream||Toss in boiled down cream with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Creamy!|
|White truffle oil||Drizzle on real white truffle oil before serving. Truffly!|
|Soy sauce||Prepare without salt, glaze in soy sauce and sugar at the end. Asian!|
|Walnuts||Add fresh or caramelised walnuts. Or serve with toasted grated walnuts + butter.
|Almonds||Serve with roasted whole almonds or with grated walnuts + butter.
|Cashew||Add chopped or whole cashews.
|Pumpkin seeds||Serve with roasted pumpkin seeds.
Nutty and strong!
|Sesame||Sprinkle on at the end, light and dark sesame seeds look and taste great!
|Turmeric||Season with turmeric. Exotic Indian!|
|Curry||Season exotically with curry, butter and sugar.
|Pomegranate seeds||Sprinkle on at the end. Fruity fresh|
|Red pepper||Sprinkle on at the end.
Sweet and spicy!
|Bacon||Add strips and cubes of bacon. Hearty!|
|Tofu||Fine strips or cubes of fried smoked tofu.
6. What does roast paprika go with
Serve the small pods as tapas or serve the vegetables as a side dish to: