The recipe Lamb Roast, braised lamb shoulder I show you in this post. This is a great recipe with lamb, ideal when guests want to come to dinner or you want to celebrate with your family.
My first tip: Lamb must be very hot on the plate, so please always warm the plates well and arrange the meat and sauce after the side dishes.
I wish you every success with this step by step guide and lots of fun in the kitchen. Please write me a comment!
1. Prepare the Shoulder of the Lamb Step by Step
A shoulder of lamb is ideal for roasting lamb. It is best to pre-order the shoulder of lamb at the butcher’s.
2. Side Dishes for Roast Lamb
The following side dishes are an excellent accompaniment to the braised lamb:
Croquettes, potato gratin or butter noodles, potato pancakes, fried potatoes, potato puree, Jerusalem artichoke puree, celery puree, potato noodles or polenta.
Bacon beans, butter beans, snow peas, glazed carrots, glazed courgettes, pea vegetables.
3. Marinate Roast Lamb
Garlic and herbs support the strong taste of lamb in this dish. You can marinate the meat the day before with the herbs and garlic, add the salt just before putting it into the oven. This allows the flavourings to penetrate well and optimally flavour the lamb. The lamb taste is emphasized and the braised lamb tastes phenomenal.
4. Recipe Roast Lamb, braised Shoulder of Lamb
Below you will find the recipe with all ingredients. To get an optimal lamb sauce you can use a dry red wine (Rioja or Pinot Noir), additional veal stock and some port wine to deglaze. Good luck!
- 1 Stück lamb shoulder Released pre-order or self release.
- 4-6 Stück garlic I like to use more garlic.
- 6 EL mixed herbs Rosemary, thyme, sage, fresh or dried.
- 1 Stück lemon Lemon abrasion for freshness.
- 4 Prisen Chili Chili flakesor cayenne pepper.
- 8 Prisen black pepper Black pepper is ideal.
- 8 Prisen salt I use Ursalz or Himalaya salt.
- 1-2 EL olive oil For marinating
- 400 ml red wine I like to use Rioja wine.
- 100 ml port Port wine for sweetness.
- 500 ml veal stock or Veal Stock, Veal Sauce, Veal Jus
- 1 Stück potatoes I use finely grated to tie the sauce.
- 1 EL Butter Use cold butter to mix before serving.
- PREPARATION: Trigger the lamb shoulder yourself or have it cleaned by the butcher. The shoulder of the lamb is not tied during this preparation so that the cooking time is shortened. Wash and dry the shoulder meat and place in a roaster. Peel and prepare the garlic, chop finely with the herbs, grate the lemon finely, marinate the prepared meat with herbs, olive oil, garlic and Chile. You can also leave the meat to work overnight with the herbs and prepare the roast lamb the next day.
- PREPARATION: Preheat the oven at 220 °C hot air for 15 minutes. Season marinated roast lamb with salt and pepper. Place the lamb in the roaster in the oven on the middle level. Roast the lamb at high heat for 25 minutes, then deglaze with red wine, veal stock and port wine and stew for another 40-60 minutes at 190°C.
- In the meantime, prepare the desired side dishes, set the table and prepare the plates for heating.
- After the cooking time has elapsed, prick the meat with a fork and check the cooking degree. If the meat gives way softly and no more red Flesichsaft escapes, the roast lamb is ready.
- Pour the lamb sauce into a saucepan, add the grated potatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce the sauce to taste. Heat the plate, then arrange the prepared hot side dishes, carve the lamb shoulder and place the meat on the plate, bring the sauce to the boil, mix with the cold butter, season to taste with salt and pepper and arrange.