OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Here I show you my light Rice Noodle Salad recipe. The Asian salad gets along completely without animal and gluten. It sounds healthy and tastes wonderful at the same time.
Modern nutrition is important for me. Since I personally have a lot to do with gluten intolerance, the more so.
Many people work 8 to 9 hours a day and beyond in sedentary jobs. The lack of exercise has an effect on calorie consumption and intestinal activity: All in all, we are becoming slower!
But we can do something for ourselves! In addition to sport and exercise, we can also reduce the size of our meals and ensure good digestibility.
Vegetables and rice are not only IDEAL for a diet but for every occasion!
Eating healthy and light and exercising more often will help us in our everyday life and give more life energy.
The preparation of rice noodle salad is quick and easy. I wish you a lot of fun cooking and a good appetite!
1. Asian Rice Noodle Salad, the Preparation
For a great salad of rice noodles, noodles, vegetables and dressing are prepared separately and then brought together on the plate or bowl.
1.1 Rice Noodles
When I have not just cooked or time is short, I like to eat Vietnamese.
Vietnamese rice noodles are offered as flat ribbon noodles “Pho Xao”. They are usually fried or put in the soup. The spaghetti-like “bun” are also used in the soup in this country kitchen.
Rice noodles are also popular in Indonesia, Thailand, China and Japan.
After cooking, rinse rice noodles under clear water!
With the rice noodle preparation I rinse the noodles after cooking under cold water. So they don’t stick together. Then they can be used for frying, in soups or salads.
1.2 Vegetables for Rice Noodles
In order to shine with a great presentation of the salad, we rely on a great harmonious color play of the ingredients.
That’s where a lot of “green” comes into play with my white rice noodles:
- Pak Choi,
- Green asparagus,
- Shitake mushrooms…
If you like, you can vary with the vegetables. Also suitable would be: sugar peas, Chinese cabbage, chard, spinach, spring onions, mini cucumbers, oysters, mushrooms, morels…
The table shows you a few more options for vegetables to rice noodles depending on the season.
|Spring||mushrooms, asparagus, morels, artichokes, green beans, peas, fennel|
|Summer||eggplant, artichoke, green beans, peas, leek, mushrooms, chanterelles, porcini mushrooms, onions, pak choi, spinach, chard|
|Autumn||pumpkin, carrot, cabbage, leek, leek, mushroom, chanterelles, truffles, savoy cabbage, small green cucumbers, oyster mushrooms, herb mushrooms|
|Winter||carrot, cabbage, leek, leek, mushroom, truffle, oyster mushrooms|
Some vegetables you should fry like onions and mushrooms. Other tender vegetables should be boiled or blanched briefly. You can find my detailed description of my preparation in the recipe section below.
We tickle your taste buds sweet-sour and slightly spicy through our light dressing.
I recommend you for your dressing:
- rice vinegar,
- sesame oil,
- rapeseed oil,
- chili flakes,
- salt or soy sauce,
1.4 Toppings for the Salad
Sesame seeds and some fresh coriander round off our dish.
Other possible additions: Cashew nuts, peanuts, fresh parsley, pomegranate seeds, fried prawns, fried tofu…
2. Click here for the Recipe
Below is the recipe for the balance of body and soul. You will find my easy to follow step by step instructions with exact quantities of ingredients and photos.
I wish you good luck and a good appetite!
- 200 g rice noodles I prefer the spaghetti-like rice noodles.
- 6 bars green asparagus
- 4 pc Pak Choi
- 8 pc shitake mushrooms
- 1/2 pc Zucchini I'll have a medium zucchini.
- 4 tbs rapeseed oil
- 1/2 pc clove of garlic finely chopped
- 3 tbs rice vinegar
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbs sesam oil
- 1 tbs rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tbs water
- black pepper
- chili flakes
- 1 tbs Sesam
- 2 stems coriander
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and season with salt. Cook the rice noodles according to the instructions on the packaging and quench with cold water.
- Clean Pak Choi, halve and cook in boiling water for 3-5 minutes until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Clean and halve the green asparagus and cook in boiling water for 3-5 minutes until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Clean and quarter the courgettes and cut into slices. Roast the zucchini pieces with some oil in a pan.
- Clean the shitake mushrooms, cut into slices and roast in a pan with some oil.
- Bring the vegetable ingredients together.
- Mix the vegetable ingredients.
- Prepare the salad dressing: Mix rice vinegar, sesame oil, rapeseed oil, water, soy sauce, sugar, chilli flakes and pepper as well as 1/2 very finely diced garlic clove to a dressing.
- Make rice noodles in a bowl. Add the prepared vegetables. Add the dressing by the spoonful according to taste. Top with coriander and sesame seeds. Enjoy your meal!
3. Calories and Nutritional Values
4. More Pasta Salad RecipesNoodle Salad Recipes Pasta Salad with Tuna
Pasta Salad for Children
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Asian Recipes
- Current and New Recipes
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes
- Low Carb Recipes
- Low Carb Salads Recipes
- Main Courses Recipes
- Noodle Salad Recipes
- Salads Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German