OTHER LANGUAGES: German
A great recipe for Red Wine Risotto with crispy fried pike-perch fillet and oranges is shown in this article.
Fish and red wine is for many at first sight a Nogo, the presented dish shows that this combination can taste absolutely fantastic.
When cooking red wine with risotto, a high-quality wine is worthwhile, the bottle should cost between 7 and 15 Euros, so that the red wine risotto is really tasty.
In the cooking video red wine risotto prepare I show you everything step by step.
After reading the article + watching the video, you can certainly cook the dish yourself.
I wish you a lot of fun and good luck!
- 1. Red Wine Risotto
- 2. Video Preparing Red Wine Risotto
- 3. Prepare Pike-Perch Fillet
- 4. Fry Pike-Perch Fillet until crispy
- 5. Prepare Red Wine Risotto in Thermomix
- 6. Recipe Red Wine Risotto with Zander and Orange Fillets
- 7. Calories Red Wine Risotto with Pikeperch and Orange Fillets, Nutritional Values
- 8. Other Recipes for Risotto
1. Red Wine Risotto
I cook my red wine risotto on the basis of onion cubes, diced soup vegetables, olive oil and butter, risotto rice, red wine and broth. Towards the end of the cooking time I add parmesan, butter and cold olive oil to make a creamy risotto. If you don’t have much time, you can also leave out the diced soup vegetables, I like to add them for taste reasons. In the video I show the preparation step by step.
2. Video Preparing Red Wine Risotto
In the cooking video I show the preparation in three parts in detail!
3. Prepare Pike-Perch Fillet
You can buy the pike-perch fillets either fresh or frozen. The higher or thicker the fillets are, the better. When the fillets are frozen, let them defrost in cold water for about 30 minutes to an hour. The bones of zander must be carefully pulled with pliers, as zander bones have barbs. You should again scale the skin, move the back of a knife from the end of the tail (slender part of the fillet) of a small knife against the direction of growth to the broad part of the fillet forward and remove the remaining scales with it.
4. Fry Pike-Perch Fillet until crispy
The trick with the fried pike-perch fillet with skin is to fry the fish fillet as long as possible on the skin side. I show this in the third video with a stainless steel pan and some flour. With this method the skin side of the fish fillet is put into the flour, then fried with oil on the skin side in a floured state. The fish should be seasoned with salt and pepper, you can do this shortly before frying, or during frying when the fillets are already in the pan. Another variation of pike-perch fillets with skin to roast works in the coated pan. You can then save yourself the “turn pike-perch in flour”. Please put the dried fish fillet directly into the heated pan with the skin side facing down, first spread a little oil in the pan.
With both methods (frying fish fillet with flour or frying without flour) you let the pike-perch fry almost the whole time on the skin side. Just before serving, the crispy fried pike-perch fillet is briefly turned once and then perfectly fried on the risotto.
5. Prepare Red Wine Risotto in Thermomix
For this dish, the Thermomix offers quite a work relief. You can prepare the risotto completely in the Thermomix and in the meantime you can concentrate on the orange fillets and the pike-perch roast. Put the chopped vegetables in the mixing bowl and chop the onions and root vegetables 15 seconds/level 5. The vegetables should be chopped really small, you can use the spatula as an aid. Then add the risotto rice, butter and olive oil, sweat for 8 minutes/120°C/left run. Then remove everything with a spatula, add all the broth and the red wine. Now cook the risotto for 18 minutes/100°C/left turn. Note the information on the packaging on the risotto rice at the time of cooking. Try the rice after 18 minutes and cook for 2-3 minutes longer if necessary.
6. Recipe Red Wine Risotto with Zander and Orange Fillets
- 150 g soup vegetables
- 1 pc onion or shallots
- 75 g Butter or oliv oil
- 130 g risotto rice Arborio, Vialone nano
- 750 ml red wine
- 1/2 pc vegetable broth
- 2 pc fresh oranges
- 2 pc zander fillet/pike-perch fillet
- some flour or maize starch
- 4 tbs maize germ oil
- some fresh thyme
- 80 g Parmesan
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper white, black or green
- Peel the soup vegetables consisting of carrot, beetroot, parsley root, celery and onion and chop finely into cubes.
- Sweat the vegetables in a pot with butter until colourless, add the rice and sweat briefly colourless. Add red wine, the rice and vegetables should be covered with liquid. Season the red wine risotto with half the stock cube and simmer gently.
- Peel oranges generously with a sharp knife, removing the white skin under the skin, cut the orange fillets from the fruit and collect the juice in a bowl.
- Scale the pike-perch fillets, remove any bones and pat dry. Flour the skin side of the fillets in a little flour, then fry with the skin side down in a lightly oiled stainless steel pan. Lightly press the pike-perch fillets onto the bottom of the pan so that the entire skin is evenly crispy. If necessary, add a little oil and fry a sprig of thyme for a good aroma. Turn the pike-perch just before serving and season with salt and pepper.
- Refine the red wine risotto with butter, finely grated Parmesan, salt and pepper, briefly heat the orange fillets and juice in a hot, tilted pan and refine with butter and a little salt. Arrange the orange filets, add the red wine risotto and place the crispy fried zander on top. Serve with a little olive oil to taste.
7. Calories Red Wine Risotto with Pikeperch and Orange Fillets, Nutritional Values
8. Other Recipes for RisottoSaffron Risotto Saffron Risotto with Shrimps or Variations with Fish Mushroom Risotto Recipe Pumpkin Risotto with Spinach vegetarian Vegetable Risotto with Truffle Foam Asparagus Risotto Simple Risotto with Ham Porcini Risotto Recipe Easy Radicchio Risotto
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Christmas Recipes
- Fish & Seafood
- Main Courses Recipes
- Recipes with Cooking Videos from Thomas Sixt
- Risotto Recipes
- Top 15 Recipes for Christmas
OTHER LANGUAGES: German