OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Red Wine Pear recipe: The best ideas arise when you – once again – have bought too much. So I sat there with my wonderful pears and already had many other things on my menu. That’s why I came up with this fantastic recipe.
It preserves the pear a little and needs, after the preparation, also a little to mature. It is also a great Christmassy way to prepare pears.
I don’t want to torture you any longer and now show you the recipe with great pictures. The super quick ones of you can jump directly to the recipe red wine pears and red wine pear dessert…
1. Red Wine Pear Recipe, Preparation
You can see my list of ingredients in the picture:
- Red wine (plus a dash of port),
- Lemons and (invisible) also Orange.
I peel the pears before I quarter them and core them.
I used fresh vanilla here. I cut the vanilla pod in half lengthwise with a very sharp knife and scraped out the vanilla pulp.
The vanilla pulp and the scraped out half pods come to the boil in the red wine stock.
Depending on the type of pear – the pear should still have bite – cook the pears for about 15 minutes. The pears are then left to stand cold in the broth for another 1 to 2 days in a cool place.
The result is now ready for further use as a dessert alone, as a dessert with zabaglione or ice cream or as a side dish to a pancake.
2. Red Wine Pear Dessert, the Recipe
- 0,5 l red wine
- 0,1 l Port wine optional
- 1 kg pears
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 1 pc lemon untreated
- 0,5 pc Orange untreated
- 1 pc vanilla pod
- 1 bar cinnamon or some cinnamon powder
- 5 pc cloves
- Peel, quarter and core the pears.
- Put the pears, lemon and orange slices into the red wine/port wine in a saucepan. Scratch out the vanilla pod and add the pulp and half the pod to the broth. Add sugar and spices.
- After the cooking time, remove from the heat and place in a cool place. The pears should now be left to steep for a good 1 day.
- Use the pears as an addition or dessert, e.g. with a wine foam cream. Enjoy your meal!
3. Red Wine Pears, Combinations for DessertThe pears are great to present with a wine foam cream. They can also be served with pancakes. Recipe for the wine foam or Zabaglione: 100 ml dry white wine with 3 pieces of egg yolk, 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar and 1 tablespoon icing sugar (Austria: icing sugar) in a casserole heat and whip vigorously foamy. Caution: Take off the stove early enough, otherwise the egg yolk will flocculate.
4. Calories (kcal) Red Wine Pears, Nutritional Values
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Christmas Recipes
- Desserts & Sweets
- Desserts Recipes Christmas
OTHER LANGUAGES: German