OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Here I would like to show you my recipe Low Carb Wholemeal Bread. It is a super tasty bread for ALL, because it contains few carbohydrates, many fibers, vitamins and is gluten-free.
Why low carb? Low carbohydrates and then hardly processed carbohydrates help your body to a normal regulation of insulin production. Good fats from nuts, vitamins and fiber from vegetables help your intestines. This also helps you lose weight!
Why gluten-free? Two arguments: As a healthy person, it helps you to limit your intake of gluten-containing foods, because most people consume a lot of them.
If you are affected by coeliac disease, you will be happy and grateful for a homemade bread instead of the usual industrial products based on corn flour.
1. Bake simple Bread yourself
For this bread preparation you do not need an automatic baking machine, not even a mixer is necessary. You can easily mix the ingredients in a bowl, it’s very easy!
Pay attention when baking in the mould: Insert baking paper beforehand, then the bread is easier to remove from the mould after baking in the oven.
Baking paper is practical, I’ll show you the trick in the mould below!
2. Vegetables as Power Ingredient, healthy Vegetable Bread
Vegetables are healthy, everyone agrees… That’s why I supplement the bread with lots of vegetables! You can grate the vegetables by hand or prepare them with your kitchen utensil.
Grating vegetables by hand, that is your fitness program in the kitchen
Thin strips are ideal for the ingredients to combine well in the bread dough!
3. Recipe Low Carb Wholemeal Bread
Following my recipe Low Carb wholemeal bread with step by step instructions. You can easily imitate it and vary it a bit to your own taste. Have fun baking!
- 150 g sunflower seeds
- 100 g walnut kernels I'll crush the walnut kernels in a mortar.
- 50 g linseed
- 100 g oat flakes
- 50 g chia seed
- 100 g ground almonds
- 1 tsp coriander freshly-ground
- 1 tsp rosemary I cut the needles very fine
- 1 Stück anise freshly-ground
- 1 tsp caraway
- 4 pinches mace
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp honey I also like to use agave syrup
- 1 tsp Curry
- 300 ml water
- 150 g Zucchini finely grated
- 150 g carot finely grated
- 150 g parsnip finely grated
- 100 g parsley root finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.Line a bread box mould with baking parchment for baking - cut the baking parchment as precisely as possible.
- Combine sunflower seeds, linseed, oat flakes, chia seeds and ground almonds and mix.
- Crush the walnut kernels in a mortar or chop them finely with a large knife.
- Add the chopped nuts.
- Crush the anise very finely in the mortar.
- Cut the rosemary needles into very small pieces and add them.Add coriander, caraway and mace, salt, honey and curry.
- Add water to the grain-nut-herb porridge.
- Grate carrots, parsnips, persilia root and courgettes into small pieces.I like to use an electric rasping aid. But it also works with manual work on the rasp plate.
- Now marry vegetables and grain-nut porridge and mix well.
- Pour the bread dough into the prepared box form.
- Smooth out the bread dough in the tin with moistened hands
- Bake the bread in the oven at 180° C for almost 2 hours at medium heat.Check the cooking condition if necessary. Here a thermometer can help, which indicates the core temperature: 90-100° C are ideal.
- Take the finished bread out of the oven and remove it from the box mould. Leave to cool on a grid or wooden board for a good 2 hours.Now it can be cut. Enjoy your meal!
4. Low Carb Whole Grain Bread TipsUse hazelnuts, macadamia or cashew nuts as additional nuts. Please increase the amount of water slightly. The same applies to the selection of grains: Sesame seeds or pumpkin seeds also fit wonderfully into the dough. I don't recommend taking too many of the pumpkin seeds, as they are slightly bitter. Remember to increase the amount of water slightly. I always like to vary with the herbs and spices and experiment a lot. Choose your personal spice ingredients that suit your taste.
5. Delicious Bread ToppingsFor your great homemade wholemeal bread I recommend you to make my spreads yourself.
OTHER LANGUAGES: German