Today I show you my recipe ratatouille as grilled vegetables. This is a vegetable in the style of Provence with courgette, aubergines, peppers, tomatoes and thyme.
The step by step photos accompany you cooking in the garden. It’s easy and safe, I promise!
I hope you enjoy reading it, and I would be very happy to receive your comments…
1. Grill vegetables easy to prepare
This year we had bought a fire bowl for our garden. Every German household needs such a part, really now! It is called provision for times of need.
The fire bowl has become my favourite grill in recent months. The otherwise functional grill has been standing in the cellar since then, waiting in vain for a new use.
I like the idea of first having a barbecue and then finishing the evening around the campfire. The cold late summer evenings in the north make it a win-win situation.
But now finally to the vegetables… Barbecuing vegetables on the grill is a nice thing, but it requires a lot of effort. Besides, the vegetables like to fall from the grill into the embers, which annoys the cook. So I took my old roaster out of the drawer for this vegetable dish. That is practical.
Use roaster on the grill, this saves effort and produces tasty vegetables and vegetable juice!Tip for preparing vegetables on the garden grill by chef Thomas Sixt
2. Recipe Ratatouille
Today I am somehow running out of time, so I’ll get straight to the point. All steps are explained with photos below, I wish you good luck!
- 2 pc zucchinis
- 3-5 pc paprika mixed red, yellow, green
- 1 pc aubergine Optional, I prefer cooking it without!
- 2 pc cloves of garlic I like to use young garlic
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 twigs thyme
- 1 can cocktail tomatoes
- 5 pinches salt
- 5 pinches pepper black
- 2 pinches brown sugar
- Heat up the grill or fire bowl.
- Clean the grill and allow the embers to develop towards glowing.
- Wash and dry the vegetables. Peel the garlic and put it aside.
- Cut the courgettes into thicker slices or quartered lengthwise without seeds into pieces.
- Halve the peppers, remove the seeds and cut into bite-sized pieces according to size.
- Cut the aubergines into halves. Prepare the garlic in halves.
- Pour the olive oil into the frying pan and stir-fry the vegetables. Add the thyme twigs and sauté the vegetables.
- Turn the vegetables quickly and allow the colour to take. Season with salt and pepper, add sugar and caramelise. Add the canned tomatoes.
- Boil down the vegetables, season to taste and serve.
3. Calories and nutritional values
Below you will find calories and nutritional values for the presented dish.
4. Further and appropriate
Cooking schools contributions:
The vegetables go well with: