from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Radicchio Salad DressingI would like to start with the dressing for the radicchio salad: The salad has a bitter taste and therefore tolerates a sweet dressing with brown cane sugar, honey or stevia. My simple dressing consists of white wine vinegar, mustard, salt, sugar and pepper and oil. Dijon mustard is the first choice for mustard, medium-hot mustard is ok, but does not taste too exciting. Put the vinegar in a cup or bowl, add mustard, salt, pepper and sugar and mix. The spices and mustard dissolve in the vinegar when stirred, creating a good dressing. Now the oil for the salad is still missing, here I explain to you today two variants of marinating salad, interesting because the basic tips for marinating salad come across so descriptive: The Radicchio salad tastes super delicious with the right dressing! Many variants for salad dressing you can find in my table below in the article.
1.2 Radicchio Salad marinate – the Grandma VariantMy grandmother did not have a salad spinner. The salad was plucked small, washed clean several times in cold water, then placed on a sieve. This Variant leaves some water on the salad. If you would use a dressing prepared with oil for marinating, the dressing would hardly stick to the lettuce leaves. This is due to the surface tension of the water. If you don’t want to or can’t spin your salad dry, drain the lettuce leaves well and marinate with a vinegar stand: Vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper, if the leaves are well marinated, add the oil first and mix well again.
1.3 Radicchio marinate, the Kochprofi VariantProfessional chefs pluck the salad and wash it quickly in cold water. The salad is then allowed to go in the salad spinner once carousel and dries so well. Dry salad goes well with a ready-made salad dressing made of vinegar, salt, pepper, mustard, sugar and oil. This is because only the dry salad leaves accept the salad dressing with oil. I show the lettuce washing elsewhere, be careful with lamb’s lettuce, it needs a special treatment and lamb’s lettuce washing I show in a second article.
2. Radicchio Salad with OrangesA very popular combination consists of radicchio salad and oranges. You can peel and chop the oranges or prepare really great orange filets, I have a video for you:
2.2 Video Peel Oranges for filleting
2.3. Video Fillet peeled OrangesI combine the radicchio salad today with potato cubes and gorgonzola. I like this combination, oranges or goji berries would go just as well with it because it adds a sweet component. Other ideas for the radicchio salad can be found below:
3. Radicchio Salad IdeasSo that it is practical and clear for you you find you following a radicchio salad table:
|Balsamico Dressing||Alter Balsamico + Olivenöl||Salz, Pfeffer, wenig Zucker||Tomaten, Fenchel, Orangen, Oliven||Brotwürfel als Croutons, Walnüsse, Cashews|
|Balsamico Rahmdressing||Alter Balsamico + Creme Fraiche + Olivenöl||Salz, Pfeffer, Zucker, Knoblauch||Zucchini gedämpft oder gebraten, Tomaten, Orangen, getrocknete Tomaten, Gurkenscheiben||Ziegenkäse oder Chamembert gebacken oder gebraten, Walnüsse|
|Joghurt Dressing||Joghurt + Weißweinessig + Zitronensaft + wenig Olivenöl + Leinöl||Salz, Pfeffer, Zucker, Knoblauch, frische Gartenkräuter||Karotten in dünne Scheiben geschnitten, Gurke, Fenchel, Oliven, Goji-Beeren||Schafskäse, Brotcroutons aus Weißbrot oder Wollkornbrot, Walnüsse|
|Gorgonzola-Dressing||Sahne + Weißweinessig + Gorgonzola + Olivenöl + Walnußöl||Salz, Pfeffer, Zucker, Knoblauch, frische Gartenkräuter||frittierte Kartoffelwürfel, Fenchel, Orangen, karamelisierte Tomaten, Frische Tomaten, rote Rüben...||Knoblauch-Croutons oder Schwarzbrot-Croutons, Walnüsse|
|Himbeer-Dressing||Himbeeressig + Walnußöl + Olivenöl||Senf, Salz, Pfeffer, Zucker||Kapern und rote Zwiebeln bzw. Frühlingszwiebeln fein geschnitten||Hart gekochte Hühnereier oder wachsweich gekochte Wachteleier, Nüsse nach Geschmack|
|Weißweinessig-Senf Dressing||Weißweinessig + Rapsöl oder Sonnenblumenöl oder Olivenöl||Dijon Senf, Salz, Pfeffer, Zucker, Knoblauch||Kartoffelwürfel frittiert oder Süßkartoffel aus dem Backofen||Käsewürfel: Emmentaler, Gorgonzola, Mozzarella, ...|
4. Recipe Radicchio SaladHere is my simple recipe for radicchio salad. It comes from my first cookbook “Der Minutenkoch – schmeckt.schneller”. I wish you a lot of fun with the preparation and good success. If you have any questions or comments, please use the comment function at the bottom of this page.
Radicchio salad delicious to prepare yourself. Recipe with many tips for radicchio salad dressing and salad combinations. Recipe with cooking video instruction and many tips from the cook professional Thomas Sixt.
|3||tbs||white vine vinegar|
|3||pinch||Salt (white pepper and)|
|3||tbs||sun flower oil|
Peel the potatoes, cut into 1 cm cubes and cook in salted water until done.
Prepare radicchio salad dressing: Finely chop the garlic. Put the vinegar and water in a bowl, add the spices, mustard and garlic and mix well with a whisk. Then slowly add the olive oil, stirring constantly to mix the vinegar and oil well.
Pick the radicchio into bite-sized pieces and wash briefly in plenty of cold water, then dry with a cloth or in a salad spinner. Cut the aubergine into slices and sauté vigorously in a pan with the sunflower oil.
Turn the eggplant slices over and season with salt and pepper. Stir the salad dressing vigorously and marinate the radicchio in it. Remove with salad servers, drain briefly and arrange on plates. Place aubergine slices, potato cubes and small pieces of gorgonzola over the salad and serve sprinkled with walnuts.
Alternatively, fry the potato cubes briefly in a pan and place the cheese in the pan just before serving. The cheese then melts gently and your radicchio salad becomes a warm starter.
5. Calories Radicchiosalad, the Nutritional Values at a Glance
6. Further Recipes with Radicchio Salad