My Quinoa Salad recipe I show you in this article. Quinoa is such a miracle plant that has made the leap out of the eco-corner.
Quiona riceelde has been known as a cultivated plant for about 5000 years and is an important staple food for mountain people. In contrast to corn, quinoa grows up to 4200 m above sea level.
I like quinoa because it is gluten-free. You can get all the ingredients in this recipe in the supermarket!
Now we take care of the quinoa salad which comes today quickly on the table. With the baked shrimps, tofu or vegetables you need about 45 minutes, without baked side dishes you can easily make the salad in 25 minutes! I wish you lots of fun reading and good luck in your kitchen!
1. Just make your own Quinoa Salad
I remember my childhood in quinoa. Over 35 years ago an aunt of mine opened a vegetarian restaurant at the Rindermarkt in Munich. There were things to eat that I didn’t know. Among them also Quinoa.
I can well remember the first spoonful of quinoa salad. The mouthfeel was new and interesting, the slightly nutty taste complemented with lemon, fresh mint and finely chopped vegetables was exciting.
Lime and lemon go well with quinoa, as does mustard, which is the first thing I learned.
Quinoa is absolutely easy to prepare. I cook the quinoa in vegetable broth until firm to the bite and then combine vegetables according to season, adding a marinade of lemon juice, sometimes also mustard…
Here some pictures to taste…
The Quinoa is wonderfully situation flexible and can be combined with various ingredients: Vegetarian or vegan with vegetables such as celery, radishes, tomatoes, cucumber, fennel, courgettes, soybeans, leaf salads, cress, sprouts and nuts.
Quinoa salad with mango tastes great in summer, add mint. Avocado is also delicious. Also try feta cheese as an addition to quinoa salad.
2. Recipe Quinoa Salad
Following my recipe with all ingredients and quantities. Let yourself be inspired to creative cooking. Basil pesto also goes well with quinoa salad, please note the article Making your own pesto here. In spring you can also combine wild garlic pesto with this wonderful salad.
- 200 g Quinoa
- 400 ml concentrated vegetable broth
- 1/2 pc garlic
- 2 pinches Cayenne pepper
- 80 ml lemon juice
- 5 g Dijon-mustard
- 2 pinches salt I use Himalayan salt
- 2 pinches pepper
- 1 pinches sugar I use brown sugar or agave syrup.
- 1-2 pc shallots
- 40-60 ml olive oil
- 1 pc leaf salad hearts I also like to use colorful leaf salads
- 1 pc soy beans
- 10 pc cherry tomatoes
- 1 pck. garden cress I like to use other sprouts as well.
- 1/2 pc Zucchini I'll fry the panes for a minute.
- 10 pc fresh mushrooms I also like to use chanterelles, oyster mushrooms, herb mushrooms or porcini mushrooms.
- 1/2 pc Brokkoli I also like to use cauliflower or Romanesco
- 1/2 bunch asparagus I like to use green and white asparagus
- 1/2 pc cucumber I like to use these in summer!
- 2 tbsp roasted, salted almonds I also like to use pine nuts, cashew nuts or pumpkin seeds!
- 250 g prawns Or smoked tofos or courgettes, eggplants, fennel
- 125 g flour or maize starch I use gluten-free flour.
- 2 pc eggs
- 80-100 ml cold water
- 4 pinches salt
- 4 pinches pepper
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- Prepare the quinoa: Bring the vegetable stock to the boil with cayenne pepper and garlic. Add the quinoa to the boiling stock. Cook the quinoa on a medium heat with lid until al dente and drain.
- For the Quinoa Salad Dressing mix the lemon juice with mustard, salt, pepper, sugar and finely diced shallots. First stir in the olive oil drop by drop, then slowly in a fine stream. The result is a creamy, emulsified quinoa salad dressing. Place the dressing in a large bowl ready to marinate.
- Heat the defrosted soybeans briefly in a pan with some vegetable stock and add to the salad dressing.
- Wash the cocktail tomatoes, halve or quarter depending on size and season with salt and pepper.
- Wash and dry the lettuce. Prepare for marinating. Add cooked and drained quinoa to the salad dressing and mix well.
- Prepare other vegetables according to your wishes and market offer. See the list above for alternative salad ingredients.
- For the baked shrimps, tofu and vegetables, prepare the ingredients: Drain the shrimps or tofu. Remove the intestines from the shrimps, cut the tofu into slices and cut the vegetables into slices.
- Mix the dough ingredients while keeping some flour. Heat the oil in a pan or wok. Turn the prawns/tofu or vegetable slices in the flour, pull through the batter, then fry in the hot oil until crispy.
- Add the prepared and dry-spun salad leaves to the quinoa and marinate, then serve. Add the shrimps, tofu and baked vegetables and serve sprinkled with tomatoes and cress. Enjoy your meal!