If you feel like fast Asian cuisine, then this recipe Duck Chinese is just the thing for you.
I’ll show you a fast Asian duck with beans, mushrooms, peppers and coriander. A tasty, quickly prepared dish that tastes delicious and is also beautiful to look at!
1. The preparation for our Asian duck
It’s often the small things in life, that make us feel happy. In this case it means: a few ingredients + short preparation time = great taste experience.
The following things are on our shopping list: one duck breast, mushrooms, beans, one red bell pepper, soy sauce, chili, ginger, garlic, peanut oil, a dash of brown sugar and coriander. Most of the ingredients you will probably have at home, and the rest you will get in every supermarket.
Before we start cooking the duck, we start preparing the beans. I use fresh beans for my dish but it is also possible to take frozen or canned ones. They also taste really good.
The first step is to cut off the ends of the beans and then halve them. I take not more 6 beans at one time, so I can cut off just as little as possible. The advantage for you: the more you keep, the more you can eat. If you are in a hurry, you can also cut all at once.
Beans are vegetables that have to be blanched shortly before you can brown them together with the other ingredients.
“To blanch”: to boil briefly to destroy undesired flavors and to free the vegetables from pathogens
2. Fast cooking: Cut the duck into pieces
In many recipes they sear the duck as a whole. Because we want to cook the dish in a short time, we have to cut the duck breast into pieces. As you can see in my video, I add the duck breast with the skin facing down to the mushrooms in the pan. That is very important so the duck gets really crispy in the end. And we definitely want a crispy duck!
2.1 Caramelised duck
As you may have noticed, one ingredient I use is brown sugar. The brown sugar is very important for the dish as it will make the duck even more tasty.
Sugar in a salty dish? Sounds weird? Yes a little, but it won’t turn it into a dessert just because of a dash of brown sugar. We make caramel with the sugar. It works great in combination with the meat, ginger, chili, garlic and mushrooms.
We only have to sprinkle the pan with a little of the brown sugar and it will automatically start to caramelize. Mhmm … what a great flavor!
The bell pepper makes it colorful!
2.2 The Eyecatcher: a red bell pepper
Honestly, we could live without the bell pepper. But how do you say – a feast for the eyes. And that’s why the bell pepper became part of my duck recipe. With the bell pepper, the dish looks much more tasty and colorful. If you don’t believe it, watch my video!
2.3 Quick, quicker, Asian duck
With a record time of 30 minutes, our duck is ready for eating. If the vegetables are prepared, the rest will only take a few minutes.
And the result is an amazing Asian duck!
3. Cooking video: Asian duck with beans, mushrooms and coriander
4. Recipe for fast home cooking chinese Duck
Find below my recipe for the Chinese duck. It is a simple recipe for duck and success sure. I wish you good success and a good appetite.
- 150 g beans
- 80 g mushrooms
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 duck breast
- 1 slice ginger
- 1 piece of Chili fresh
- 1 garlic clove
- a dash of brown sugar
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 bunch of coriander fresh
- 3-4 tbsp soy sauce
- Wash the beans, dry them and cut off the top of each bean. Halve them and boil them firm to the bite in salty water.
- Clean the mushrooms and quarter them. Sear them in a pan with peanut oil.
- Cut the duck breast into slices and add to the pan.
- Add some ginger, fresh chili and the garlick slice.
- Turn the mushrooms and the duck, add brown sugar and let everything caramelize.
- Halve the bell pepper lengthwise, remove the core, slice it and add to the pan.
- Brown for a few minutes and cut the coriander finely.
- Add the beans, season to taste with coriander and soy sauce. Now it is ready for serving!