Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk
Thomas Sixt is a chef, food photographer and cookbook author.
Here he shares recipes, answers cooking questions and helps with cooking.
Table of Contents
1. Prepare Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk quicklyPrepare the pumpkin cream soup with coconut as follows:
- Halve the Hokkaido pumpkin with a knife, scrape out the seeds with a spoon and remove.
- Unsightly put the pumpkin bowl and cut off style attachments, cut pumpkin with bowl into small pieces.
- Put a piece of butter in a hot, large pot, let it foam up and then sweat the pumpkin pieces in it.
- After approx. 5 minutes add finely chopped ginger and garlic and sweat for 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine and vegetable stock and bring the soup to the boil.
- Add curry and turmeric and stir in.
- Let the coconut milk run into the boiling soup and it will not flocculate.
- Let the pumpkin soup simmer for about 30 minutes at moderate heat until the pumpkin pieces are tender.
- Mix the soup with a hand blender, season with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and some ornamental juice.
- Prepare the soup, fry the apple piece in butter, prepare the goji berries, finely chop the mint, fry a few thin slices of chicken breast to taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the soup in the middle of the warm soup plates and pour in the freshly mixed soup from the side.
- Use a mug to pour in the soup, then it’s easy.
- I’m sure your guests will be delighted with this soup. If you are vegetarian or vegan, simply leave out the chicken breast or replace it with a few slices or cubes of smoked tofu.
Wonderful, this pumpkin soup with coconut makes everyone happy!Wonderful pumpkin in autumn, photographed at an organic farm.
2. Cooking Video Pumpkin SoupMy cooking video for the pumpkin soup clearly shows the preparation. All pumpkin soups are similar in their preparation, so the video is certainly a help in your own kitchen.
3. RecipeFor exact quantities you will find my recipe for the pumpkin soup with coconut in the following. I wish you every success!
Pumpkin soup with coconut milk
Pumpkin soup with coconut milk, curry and turmeric, served with chicken breast, mint, goji berries and glazed apple pieces. Exciting pumpkin cream soup for the guest kitchen, recipe with step-by-step instructions and many tips.
|400||g||pumpkin (Hokkaido Pumpkin or Butternut Pumpkin)|
|1||pc||onion (take a white or yellow onion or 2-4 shallots)|
|50||g||butter (or vegetable oil)|
|40||ml||dry white wine (or Prosecco)|
|1||tbsp||Sunflower oil (or cold butter)|
Halve the pumpkin with peel, remove the stalks and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Hokkaido pumpkin is ideal for this recipe.
Cut the pumpkin pieces into small pieces (with skin) and sauté them together with the onion cubes in a pot with a little butter or vegetable oil. The smaller you cut the pumpkin pieces, the faster your soup gets done, because small pumpkin pieces cook faster. Add finely chopped garlic and ginger shortly before serving and sweat briefly.
Deglaze with the dry white wine and fill up with water – the pumpkin pieces should be well covered. Season with vegetable broth, curry and turmeric. Bring the soup to the boil and pour the coconut milk into the boiling soup.
Let the soup simmer for 25 minutes, then mix with a hand blender. Season to taste with salt, pepper and orange juice.
Fry the apple pieces and chicken breast slices in a pan and glaze briefly, season with salt and pepper. Soup inlay in the middle, arrange in warmed soup plates. Mix the soup and pour in, decorate with freshly chopped mint and goji berries and serve.
4. Calories (Kcal) Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk
5. Other Recipes for Pumpkin and Pumpkin Soup
On my page you will find more recipes for pumpkin soup and pumpkin cream soup: pumpkin soup with ginger, vegan pumpkin cream soup, pumpkin soup basic recipe with cooking video, Styrian pumpkin cream soup with dill and pumpkin seed oil.
Comments, Cooking Questions and Answers
Below you can write to me directly.
Please don't forget the star rating on the recipe, 5 stars means you liked it!