OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Here’s my recipe Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk… This pumpkin soup is an ideal soup for the guest kitchen.
When I prepare this soup in autumn for my loved ones, it sometimes becomes a pumpkin stew.
What makes this soup so special? It is a combination of coconut milk, curry and turmeric, with glazed apple pieces, goji berries (superfoods), mint (refreshing) and, if desired, chicken breast or prawns.
The soup is simply a blast and very easy to prepare. As a base I use Hokkaido pumpkin, learn a lot of tips for your next pumpkin cream soup with coconut in the article…
1. Prepare Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk quickly
Prepare the pumpkin cream soup with coconut as follows:
- Halve the Hokkaido pumpkin with a knife, scrape out the seeds with a spoon and remove.
- Unsightly put the pumpkin bowl and cut off style attachments, cut pumpkin with bowl into small pieces.
- Put a piece of butter in a hot, large pot, let it foam up and then sweat the pumpkin pieces in it.
- After approx. 5 minutes add finely chopped ginger and garlic and sweat for 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine and vegetable stock and bring the soup to the boil.
- Add curry and turmeric and stir in.
- Let the coconut milk run into the boiling soup and it will not flocculate.
- Let the pumpkin soup simmer for about 30 minutes at moderate heat until the pumpkin pieces are tender.
- Mix the soup with a hand blender, season with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and some ornamental juice.
- Prepare the soup, fry the apple piece in butter, prepare the goji berries, finely chop the mint, fry a few thin slices of chicken breast to taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the soup in the middle of the warm soup plates and pour in the freshly mixed soup from the side.
- Use a mug to pour in the soup, then it’s easy.
- I’m sure your guests will be delighted with this soup. If you are vegetarian or vegan, simply leave out the chicken breast or replace it with a few slices or cubes of smoked tofu.
Wonderful, this pumpkin soup with coconut makes everyone happy!
2. Cooking Video Pumpkin Soup
My cooking video for the pumpkin soup clearly shows the preparation. All pumpkin soups are similar in their preparation, so the video is certainly a help in your own kitchen.
For exact quantities you will find my recipe for the pumpkin soup with coconut in the following. I wish you every success!
- 400 g pumpkin Hokkaido Pumpkin or Butternut Pumpkin
- 1 pc onion take a white or yellow onion or 2-4 shallots
- 50 g Butter or vegetable oil
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 pc garlic
- 40 ml dry white wine or Prosecco
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. Curry
- 1 tsp. curcuma turmeric
- 1-2 cups coconut milk
- 100 ml orange juice
- black pepper
- 1 pc apple
- 150 g chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil or cold butter
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint
- 4 tbsp goji berries
- Halve the pumpkin with peel, remove the stalks and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Hokkaido pumpkin is ideal for this recipe.
- Cut the pumpkin pieces into small pieces (with skin) and sauté them together with the onion cubes in a pot with a little butter or vegetable oil. The smaller you cut the pumpkin pieces, the faster your soup gets done, because small pumpkin pieces cook faster. Add finely chopped garlic and ginger shortly before serving and sweat briefly.
- Deglaze with the dry white wine and fill up with water - the pumpkin pieces should be well covered. Season with vegetable broth, curry and turmeric. Bring the soup to the boil and pour the coconut milk into the boiling soup.
- Let the soup simmer for 25 minutes, then mix with a hand blender. Season to taste with salt, pepper and orange juice.
- Fry the apple pieces and chicken breast slices in a pan and glaze briefly, season with salt and pepper. Soup inlay in the middle, arrange in warmed soup plates. Mix the soup and pour in, decorate with freshly chopped mint and goji berries and serve.
4. Calories (Kcal) Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk
5. Other Recipes for Pumpkin and Pumpkin SoupVegan Pumpkin Cream Soup
Pumpkin Soup with Ginger, Curry and Prawns
Styrian Pumpkin Cream Soup from Austria with Pumpkin Seed Oil, Dill and Bacon
Pumpkin Soup Basic Recipe How to cook a great vegetarian Pumpkin Risotto with Spinach On my page you will find more recipes for pumpkin soup and pumpkin cream soup: pumpkin soup with ginger, vegan pumpkin cream soup, pumpkin soup basic recipe with cooking video, Styrian pumpkin cream soup with dill and pumpkin seed oil.
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Asian Recipes
- Christmas Soups
- Low Carb Recipes
- Low Carb Soups Recipes
- Pumpkin Recipes
- Recipes with Cooking Videos from Thomas Sixt
- Soups Recipes
- Winter Soups Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German