OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I’ll show you my simple recipe Pumpkin Soup. A delicious pumpkin cream soup is always a pleasure.
The basic recipe is quick and easy, I prefer to use Hokkaido pumpkin. Below you’ll find lots of professional tips to help you cook. In addition, I offer you other pumpkin soups recipes to try.
I’d love to come to your kitchen: watch the cooking video and conjure up a great soup with pumpkin. Good luck!
1. Pumpkin Soup Basic Recipe simple and fast
The preparation steps of the pumpkin soup here at a glance:
- Halve the Hokkaido pumpkin, scrape out the seeds with a tablespoon and remove.
- Unsightly put the pumpkin skin and cut off style attachments, cut pumpkin into small pieces.
- Foam a piece of butter in a large, heated pot and sauté the pumpkin pieces.
- After approx. 5 minutes add finely chopped ginger and garlic and sweat for 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine and vegetable stock and bring the soup to the boil.
- Let the soup simmer for 30 minutes at moderate heat until it is slightly flowing.
- Mix the pumpkin pieces in the soup with a hand blender, season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.Serve the soup either directly as vegetable soup…
Bring the soup to the boil again and refine with soy cream, coconut milk, cream or fraiche cream.Hokkaido pumpkin does not have to be peeled, in general many pumpkin varieties with skin can be used.
Peeling the pumpkin is recommended when the skin is dark, so that the soup comes to the table colourfully at the end.
My recipe for pumpkin soup, ideal for the guest kitchen, can be found at the end of this page, below I give you an overview of pumpkin soup variants with ideas for the inlay and decoration:
2. Vegan Pumpkin Soup
Prepare the basic soup and serve with pumpkin seed oil, soy yoghurt or soy cream and roasted pumpkin seeds.
Here you can find the recipe pumpkin cream soup vegan described again extra.
3. Pumpkin Soup with Ginger and Prawns
Prepare the soup base as described above:
Hokkaido pumpkin or Butternut pumpkin, white wine, vegetable broth, chili, ginger and coconut milk or cream.
Decoration and inlays:
Spring onions, sliced raw, prawns or chicken or vegan with smoked tofu,
pomegranate seeds or goji berries or red pepper
coriander, parsley, cress, pumpkin seed oil, black cumin oil, linseed oil
Pumpkin soup made from butternut or butternut pumpkin, here with shrimps, ginger and coconut milk, red berries, cress and soy sauce as colourful decoration. Here the recipe pumpkin soup with ginger and prawns, ginger and curry
4. Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk
Pumpkin, white wine, vegetable broth, chili, ginger, salt, curry and turmeric to taste, cream or vegan with soy cream or coconut milk.
Decoration and inlay:
coriander, mint or parsley, goji berries, glazed apple bits, chicken, shrimps or prawns, salmon bits or halibut, vegan with smoked tofu
5. Styrian pumpkin soup
pumpkin, white wine, vegetable broth or chicken broth, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, cream
Decoration and inlay:
Parsley or dill or chives, bacon cubes, roasted pumpkin seeds, pumpkin seed oil, top (whipped cream on the soup), roasted bread cubes or croutons, nut pesto consisting of pumpkin seeds, walnut seeds and pumpkin seed oil, horseradish.
6. Cooking Video Pumpkin Soup
Whether you want to cook a pumpkin cream soup or a pumpkin foam soup, the basis of the preparation I show in my video.
7. Recipe Pumpkin Soup
For exact quantities you will find my recipe for the pumpkin soup in the following. I wish you every success!
- 200 g pumpkin I prefer Hokkaido Pumpkin oder Butternut Pumpkin
- any Chili
- 1/2 pc onion For finer taste take two shallots
- 50 g Butter
- 40 ml dry white wine Take some light chardonnay not a barrique wine
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- any ginger
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
- 1 pc apple
- 4 tbsp. fresh pumpkin seeds
- 4 tbsp. pumpkin seed oil In bio quality
- any parsley
- salt I take himalaya salt
- black pepper
- Halve and quarter the pumpkin with peel, remove the stalks and scrape out the seeds. Usually I use Hokkaido pumpkin for the pumpkin soup because it offers a lot in colour and I don't have to peel it.
- Cut the pumpkin pieces into small pieces and sauté a little butter in a saucepan together with the onion cubes. The smaller you cut the pumpkin pieces, the faster your soup will be ready. Smaller pumpkin pieces cook faster!
- Deglaze with the dry white wine and fill up with water - the pumpkin pieces should be well covered. Addition: This is the classic preparation as it can be found in many cookbooks. I save myself in new time the sweating of the ingredients and place these directly in the broth + white wine. This is faster and has proven its worth.
- Mit dem trockenen Weißwein ablöschen und mit Wasser auffüllen - die Kürbisstücke sollten gut abgedeckt sein. Zusatz: Dies ist die klassische Zubereitung, wie sie in vielen Kochbüchern zu finden ist. Ich spare mir in neuer Zeit das Schwitzen der Zutaten und lege diese direkt in die Brühe + Weißwein. Das ist schneller und hat sich bewährt.
- Flavour the pumpkin soup with salt, pepper and a little finely grated nutmeg, add the chicken broth or vegetable broth, crumble it and let it simmer for at least 15 minutes.
- Then mix the soup with a hand blender and let it steep for another 10-15 minutes so that the pumpkin taste unfolds even better in the pumpkin soup. The rest period actually makes a big difference in the development of the taste of the soup. Please try it yourself!
- In the meantime, cut bread cubes, peel apple, quarter, seed and cut into slices - fry bread cubes and apple pieces with pumpkin seeds or seed mixture with a little butter in a pan. Season the soup with salt and pepper.
- Season the soup to taste before serving. The soup either pass through a sieve or mix as prepared and arrange in deep plates. Add the soup in the middle, refine with pumpkin seed oil and serve sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley.
8. Calories (Kcal) Pumpkin Soup
9. Other Recipes for Pumpkin and Pumpkin SoupVegan Pumpkin Cream Soup
Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk
Pumpkin Soup with Ginger, Curry and Prawns
Styrian Pumpkin Soup from Austria How to cook a great vegetarian Pumpkin Risotto with Spinach
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Pumpkin Recipes
- Recipes with Cooking Videos from Thomas Sixt
- Soups Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Winter Soups Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German