OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I show you my Pumpkin Risotto recipe with step by step instructions. A pumpkin risotto is delicious, the variant with leaf spinach is especially popular with my guests.
The risotto with pumpkin comes vegetarian or vegan on the plate and you can cook it yourself in less than 45 minutes.
Maybe this dish will be included in the shortlist of your favourite recipes? I wish you good success and… Good appetite!
- 1. Pumpkin Risotto with Hokkaido Pumpkin and Spinach selfmade
- 2. Pumpkin Risotto vegetarian or vegan
- 3. Pumpkin in Risotto, please note the Cooking Time of the Ingredients
- 4. Pumpkin Risotto Recipe
- 5. Calories Pumpkin Risotto the Nutritional Values at a Glance
- 6. Other Recipes for Risotto
- 7. Other Recipes for Pumpkin
1. Pumpkin Risotto with Hokkaido Pumpkin and Spinach selfmade
This risotto is an earthy and wonderful dish and tastes great. I like the play of colours in the combination of pumpkin and spinach.
The preparation is practical, pumpkin and spinach cook with this variant together with the risotto in a pot.
This saves effort and washing up. Ideal is a Hokkaido pumpkin, which you can use with the bowl.
Choose a beautiful and undamaged Hokkaido pumpkin while shopping. Start the risotto preparation with the vegetables: Wash the pumpkin under cold water, then halve it, remove the seeds, cut the pumpkin into bite-sized pieces.
Wash the spinach thoroughly several times in cold water and drain on a sieve. For the risotto you need two more shallots or yellow onions. Peel them and cut them into fine cubes.
Please wash spinach thoroughly several times in cold water, spinach can be sandy!
2. Pumpkin Risotto vegetarian or vegan
For your risotto with pumpkin please prepare hot vegetable broth and olive oil. If you want the risotto to be vegan, don’t use the cheese or exchange the cheese for a vegan substitute.
I personally like to use Parmesan cheese as a risotto or a good matured pecorino. So far I haven’t found a cheese substitute product that comes close to the taste of good cheese.
I grate the cheese finely with the cheese grater. So that the risotto comes tasty on the table there is still a small thing to consider…
3. Pumpkin in Risotto, please note the Cooking Time of the Ingredients
The pumpkin is a hard vegetable, so you cut it into bite-sized pieces. A diameter of 1 cm is a good guideline. Pumpkin takes some time to cook in the hot risotto until it is soft.
This is why the pumpkin comes relatively quickly into the pot – the spinach only at the end, so that it stays beautiful green and finds its colour perfectly on the plate.
After all, spinach is cooked quickly. The order of preparation:1. Sweat risotto rice in olive oil until translucent
- Sweat risotto rice in olive oil until translucent.
- Add diced onions and sweat colourless for a few minutes.
- Glaze with white wine and cover the rice with hot vegetable broth.
- Add pumpkin and cook risotto covered with stock while stirring.
- After about 16 minutes cooking time, add the spinach.
- Season vegetable risotto with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Mix risotto with cheese and olive oil until creamy (rice cooked until al dente after approx. 18-20 minutes).
- Quickly arrange pumpkin risotto on warm plates and serve.
4. Pumpkin Risotto Recipe
Below is my recipe for the simple pumpkin risotto in a summary with nutritional values and all important ingredients. I wish you all the best!
- 1/2 pc pumpkin medium sized Hokkaido pumpkin
- 500 g leaf spinach fresh
- 2 pc shallots or yellow onions into fine cubes cut
- ca. 400 ml vegetable broth
- 4 tbs oliv oil
- 180 g risottor rice Arborio, Vialone nano
- 80 ml dry white wine
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- some nutmeg
- 40 g Parmesan or Pecorino or vegan cheese substitute
- Wash pumpkin, cut in half, scrape out seeds with a spoon, cut pumpkin with skin into mouth-sized pieces approx. 1 cm in diameter. Wash spinach thoroughly several times in cold water and drain on a sieve. Halve onion or shallot, peel and finely dice.
- Bring the vegetable stock to the boil and sweat the risotto rice in a pot with a little olive oil. Add the onion or shallots and sweat for a few minutes until translucent, without the browning. Deglaze with the white wine, add the vegetable stock and simmer until light, stir. Add the pumpkin pieces and cover the risotto with stock, continue to simmer, stirring gently.
- After about 16 minutes cooking time, test the risotto in bite and add to the prepared spinach. Stir in the spinach and let it boil once at high heat.
- Finely grate the cheese or fine cheese substitute. Stir the risotto with olive oil until creamy and season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Arrange the pumpkin risotto on warm plates. The risotto on the plate should run creamy liquid apart. Sprinkle with cheese or cheese substitute and serve quickly. Enjoy your meal!
5. Calories Pumpkin Risotto the Nutritional Values at a Glance
6. Other Recipes for RisottoSaffron Risotto Saffron Risotto with Shrimps or Variations with Fish Mushroom Risotto Recipe Vegetable Risotto with Truffle Foam Red wine risotto with crispy fried pike-perch fillet and oranges Asparagus Risotto Simple Risotto with Ham Porcini Risotto Recipe Easy Radicchio Risotto
7. Other Recipes for PumpkinVegan Pumpkin Cream Soup
Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk
Pumpkin Soup with Ginger, Curry and Prawns
Pumpkin Soup Basic Recipe
Styrian Pumpkin Soup from Austria
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Main Courses Recipes
- Pumpkin Recipes
- Risotto Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German