Puff Pastry with Strawberries, Recipe with professional Tips to make Strawberry Danish yourself
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
- 1. What to consider when baking Puff Pastry
- 2. Strawberries and Puff Pastry
- 3. Tip for Strawberries in Puff Pastry
- 4. Filling for Strawberries with Puff Pastry
- 5. Strawberries Puff Pastry Pudding
- 6. Strawberries Puff Pastry Whipped Cream
- 7. Strawberries Puff Pastry Mascarpone
- 8. Strawberries Puff Pastry Curd Cheese
- 9. Strawberries Puff Pastry Cream Cheese
- 10. Recipe Strawberries with Puff Pastry
- 11. Calories Strawberries with Puff Pastry, Nutritional Values
- 12. Further Recipe Ideas for Strawberries
1. What to consider when baking Puff PastryPuff pastry must always be baked at a high temperature so that it “leaves” nicely and becomes crispy. Preheat the oven to 220°C. When you place the puff pastry in the oven at a low temperature, the fat separates from the dough and the desired effect: “crispy and leafy” is avoided.
2. Strawberries and Puff PastryThe sweeter and more sun-ripened the strawberries are, the less sugar you have to add. So buy very ripe strawberries or pick them yourself for the strawberry season. Strawberries in puff pastry are for me the sweet variant of sausage in a dressing gown. I appreciate such finger food recipes, not only when guests come. After all, it goes fast and offers a great taste experience.
3. Tip for Strawberries in Puff PastryThe ultimate tip for baking strawberries in puff pastry is to use a muffin tin. You can place the square dough plates directly into the moulds and then fill in the strawberries. This is sure to work and the pastry gets an exciting and beautiful shape when baked. The result is really something to be proud of.
4. Filling for Strawberries with Puff PastryYou can fill the strawberries in puff pastry before baking or after baking additionally with various sweet things. I will explain this in detail here:
5. Strawberries Puff Pastry PuddingAfter baking, I always fill the vanilla pudding into the lukewarm or cooled pastry. A skin pass bag is helpful here. You can cook the pudding yourself or use a pudding from the cup.
6. Strawberries Puff Pastry Whipped CreamThe whipped cream must definitely be added after the pastry has cooled down. This is the only way to preserve the airy effect of the whipped cream. Either use a cream boy or whip the cream first and then fill it with the skin pass bag into the puff pastry strawberry pastry. My homemade whipped cream always gets some vanilla sugar and sometimes egg liqueur as a tasty addition.
7. Strawberries Puff Pastry MascarponeI mix the mascarpone (a cup) with lemon juice (100 ml) and vanilla sugar (2 sachets), I then pass the mascarpone extra to the strawberry dessert. The mascarpone also tolerates fresh and finely chopped mint as an addition, this is a fantastic refreshing dessert cream for the summer!
8. Strawberries Puff Pastry Curd CheeseI let the curd (one packet) drip off on a hair sieve, then mix it with 50 ml lemon juice, 2 packets vanilla sugar and 2 egg yolks. Bake the curd cheese with it and first add it to the dough, then add the strawberries. Cut out the puff pastry, place in the muffin cups and press in, fill in the prepared curd cheese and then add the halved strawberries. Lightly and elegantly close the top of the dough and bake.
9. Strawberries Puff Pastry Cream CheeseThe cream cheese can be baked with it or served as cream cheese cream with the baked pastry. If you want to bake cream cheese, mix a pack of cream cheese with an egg yolk, some lemon juice and a packet of vanilla sugar. Fill the prepared cream cheese as well as the quark. If you want to serve the cream cheese cold with the pastry, just mix it with a little more lemon juice and vanilla sugar.
10. Recipe Strawberries with Puff Pastry
Strawberries in Puff Pastry
Strawberries baked in puff pastry, a recipe with detailed instructions by Thomas Sixt.
|12||pc||strawberries (medium - big)|
|1||packet||frozen puff pastry|
Wash the strawberries, remove the green, dry, halve and place in a bowl sprinkled with vanilla sugar and brown sugar. Add lemon juice to taste and let the strawberries marinate for 10 minutes.
Preheat the oven at 220°C hot air. Prepare a muffin tin. Roll out the puff pastry and cut out squares of approx. 7x7cm. Press the puff pastry squares into the muffin cups and fill in the prepared strawberries.
Put strawberries in puff pastry in the oven for about 12-15 minutes and bake until crispy. Then remove and allow to cool. Fill the pudding into a skin pass bag and fill the strawberries into puff pastry. Serve sprinkled with icing sugar.
11. Calories Strawberries with Puff Pastry, Nutritional Values
12. Further Recipe Ideas for Strawberries
Discover more simple strawberry recipes in my cookery blog.