OTHER LANGUAGES: German
My recipe Shrimp Skewers I show you in this post. Shrimp skewers are a great finger food for your next invitation.
Magic wonderful colorful skewers on the table and the plate and delight your loved ones with a great dish.
In the article you will find a link to matching dips and cold sauces as well as ideas for side dishes. Good luck!
- 1. Prepare Prawns Skewers
- 2. Marinate Prawn Skewers
- 3. Fry Prawn skewers
- 4. Prawn Skewers Side Dishes
- 5. Recipe
- 6. Calories Prawn Skewers - Nutrition Informations
- 7. Further Interesting Contributions to Prawn Skewers
1. Prepare Prawns Skewers
Get yourself some big, big, raw shrimp. If you only get the pink, already blanched shrimps, it’s no big deal. Raw, grey shrimps are better, they stay juicier and have a great taste. Defrost the raw shrimps, take them out of the shell and take out the intestines at the top. Then fry the prawns very quickly in a pan over high heat for two minutes on both sides. Remove from pan and allow to cool. Just thaw the pink, already blanched shrimps and make them ready. Next blanch the vegetables in a pot with salted water: Suitable are for example small broccoli florets, carrot slices and mushrooms. I took Mu Err mushrooms, soak them only in water and then use them directly.
2. Marinate Prawn Skewers
Before marinating the shrimp skewers, place the wooden skewers in cold water for 10 minutes. Then the skewers will not burn if you prepare the prawns later in the pan, in the oven or on the grill. Place the prepared ingredients on the skewers (see photo) and then place them on a plate. You can now chill the shrimp skewers again and finish them for dinner. For the Mariande, mix olive oil or vegetable oil with thyme (Mediterranean) or coriander (Asian), chilli and finely chopped garlic, salt, pepper and sugar and spread on the skewers. The exact quantities of the ingredients are shown on the bottom of the recipe page. Marinate the shrimp skewers just before frying, grilling or heating.
You can put shrimps on wooden skewers, on metal skewers, on lemon grass or on rosemary twigs. The last two variants flavor the dish wonderfully!
3. Fry Prawn skewers
The prepared shrimp skewers can now, well prepared and marinated, either fry them briefly in a pan, or place them on the grill, or heat them up in the preheated oven at 230°C in the hot air stage. This only takes about 8 minutes and your side dishes should be ready by then.
4. Prawn Skewers Side Dishes
The shrimp skewers go wonderfully with a colourful leaf salad, a risotto, Basmati rice or you serve a rice salad with it. Here you can decide spontaneously whether you want to match the skewers more Mediterranean or Asian to the side dishes. Serve a good soy sauce with the Asian variant of the yarn skewers.
The following recipe comes from my first cookbook: The minute cook tastes faster. I am happy if you try the recipe, write me if you have questions about the comment function.
- 12 pieces prawns raw grey in colour or blanched pink
- 1 piece Brokkoli a small broccoli head is sufficient
- 1 piece carrot You can also use dark carrots
- 30 g Mu Err Mushrooms or mushrooms / oyster mushrooms
- 6 pieces wooden skewers or metal skewers
- 2 tbsp. olive oil Asian variants: Peanut oil or sesame oil
- 1/2 piece garlic finely sliced
- 1 pinch Chili or dried
- 3 pinches salt i prefer to use Ursalz or himalaya salt
- 2 pinches pepper I use black pepper for this dish
- 2 pinches sugar brown raw cane sugar
- 1 tsp. thyme or coriander or parsley
- any Mixed leaf salad
- 1 pieces lemon or lime
- Defrost the shrimps/prawns. I always put the prawns in cold water. If you use wooden skewers, put them in cold water. Place a pot with water to blanch the vegetables on the stove and bring to the boil.
- Peel the raw, grey prawns and remove the intestine, dry the prawns and sauté briefly on both sides in a very hot pan at high heat for 2 minutes. Have the prawns ready. Blanched prawns can be recognized by their pink colour, which you don't need to fry. I prefer to use the raw prawns, then the skewers get better!
- Prepare the vegetables, remove small broccoli florets from the broccoli head and cut the stalk slightly. So the broccoli cookes evenly! Depending on their size, cut the carrots into slices or halve them lengthwise. I always blanch the vegetables separately, because the cooking time is different. It is essential to cool vegetables cold or put them in ice water so that they retain their beautiful colour. Drain the vegetables on a kitchen crepe and drain.
- Put the prepared ingredients on the skewers, you can now chill the skewers again and only finish preparing them when your guests are there.
- Now decide on a marinade: Meditarran with olive oil and thyme or Asian with peanut oil and coriander. When guests come, I prefer to use parsley, because coriander is not everyone's favorite. Mix the ingredients for the marinade and brush the shrimp skewers before frying.
- Prepare the shrimp/prawn skewers on the grill, in the pan or in the oven and serve with side dishes or salad and cold sauces. Bon appetit!
6. Calories Prawn Skewers - Nutrition Informations
7. Further Interesting Contributions to Prawn Skewers
7.1 Sauces and Dips to Match Prawn SkewersGrill sauces for prawns
Make your own mayonnaise
7.2 Side dishes for Prawn and Shrimp skewersmushroom risotto
7.4 Top Prawn RecipesSalad with prawns
Italian bread salad with prawns
Pumpkin soup with prawns
Spaghetti with prawns
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Asian Recipes
- Barbecue Recipes
- Fish & Seafood
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes
- Low Carb Recipes
- Starters & Appetizers
- Starters with Prawns Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German