Potato Soup with Shrimps, an original North German Soup with North Sea Crabs
Thomas Sixt is a chef, food photographer and cookbook author.
Here he shares recipes, answers cooking questions and helps with cooking.
The potato soup with shrimps recipe I present to you in this article.
You can put this soup on your own table in less than 30 minutes and give your loved ones a real treat.
North Sea Crabs taste absolutely great.
These shrimps are browner than other small shrimps.
You can prepare this soup with small, normal shrimps.
Besides potatoes I use carrots for the soup, because the sweetish taste of the carrot fits perfectly to the North Sea crab.
To make the soup a highlight on the table, I mix part of the soup before serving.
You can also prepare the soup with more inlay, in which case it’s already a potato stew with crabs.
Now I wish you good luck, share this article with your friends …
Table of Contents
1. Recipe Potato Soup with Shrimps
Potato soup with prawns, here we go, try this wonderful soup and enjoy it!
Instead of the chilli pepper you can decorate the shrimps with tomato cubes.
Potato Soup with North Sea Crabs
Cooked, photographed and written down by chef Thomas Sixt.
Simple guide to prepare potato soup with North Sea shrimps.
|1||pc||onion (or shallots)|
|1/2||pc||glove of garlic|
|30-50||ml||dry white wine (I only use dry white wine!)|
|150||ml||Cream (or soy cream)|
|250||g||Potatoes (Raw or cooked, peeled)|
|250||g||Shrimps (I use brown north sea shrimps)|
|1-2||pc||spring onions (I like to supplement with thinly cut onion slices)|
|some||chilli pepper (or tomato cubes)|
Peel the onion, cut into fine cubes, sweat with the butter, bay leaf and allspice for 10 minutes until translucent.
Add the finely chopped garlic.
Add the white wine and vegetable stock to the soup, bring to the boil, slowly add the cream to the boiling soup and bring to the boil again.
Add the peeled and chopped potatoes and carrots, simmer gently.
Season the potato soup with nutmeg, pepper and cayenne pepper.
Wash the North Sea Crabs under running cold water in a sieve.
Heat a pan and brown the butter lightly.
Heat the young onion slices and shrimps quickly, season with pepper and a little lemon juice.
Arrange the soup in a bowl, mix the rest of the soup and froth up.
Place the Crabs in the soup, add the foam and decorate to taste.
2. Nutritional Values
3. Cook Potato Soup Yourself
I have already written elsewhere about potato soup and variants of potato soup.
I love potato soup and I hope that can be seen from the photos
Here are some tips for the potato soup and what I think you should keep in mind:
- You can use raw or already boiled potatoes.
- Use some butter, shallots or onions, allspice and bay leaf for the soup preparation.
- Little garlic does well, don’t exaggerate!
- Add dry white wine and vegetable broth to the soup, let the soup boil, then let the cream run in slowly.
- Let the cold cream run in slowly into boiling liquid only, so the cream can NOT flocculate!
- Add the carrots, small and thin, cut into slices.
- Add the diced potatoes or already boiled potatoes pressed small and cooked over a moderate heat, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Fish the spices – bay leaf and allspice from the soup.
- Wash the prawns briefly under cold water.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and brown.
- Arrange the soup, foam up part of the soup with cold butter.
- Heat the prawns briefly in the pan, it will only take a minute!
Arrange the soup and add the prawns in the middle.
You can decorate the soup with marjoram, thinly sliced young onion slices and chilli and then serve quickly.
4. More Soups Recipes Ideas
All Soups Recipes
Comments, Cooking Questions and Answers
Below you can write to me directly.
Please don't forget the star rating on the recipe, 5 stars means you liked it!