The wonderful potato salad with eggs I bring you today in your kitchen. The salad is a wonderful companion for a variety of occasions.
As a salad for barbecue, it delights us with meat, sausages and fish. In general, the side salad is a colorful change and tastes delicious. With vegetables and egg, it is so rich and even suitable as a main course.
Let us now show you this simple and fine preparation and learn great tips for the perfect palate! Wish you good luck! Leave me a cooking question or kitchen gossip at the bottom of the page, thank you!
1. Shopping List for Potato Salad with Egg
You can find all the ingredients for this salad in the supermarket. Ideas for variations you will find added.
- Salad potatoes: Please provide firm potatoes that keep their shape.
- Rosemary from the garden or parsley, thyme, lovage, basil
- Pickled peppers from a jar or fresh red peppers
- Make your own mayonnaise or get the one from the shelf 🙂
- Mustard: Dijon mustard is first choice!
- At least one piece of lemon or just lemon juice
- Organic chicken eggs or fine quail eggs
- Salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, sugar and sunflower oil
You will find the exact quantities a bit further down in the recipe.
Quail eggs are great for this salad. Cook the eggs for about 3:30 minutes, then into ice water. Then peel them and put them halved on the salad.Tip from Chef Thomas Sixt
2. Recipe Potato Salad with Eggs
Here follows the recipe with step by step photos. Feel free to leave me a cooking question or kitchen gossip at the bottom of the page via the comment function. I am happy!
- 250 g Potatoes For Salad
- 4 pc Eggs or quail eggs
- 1 pc red bell pepper
- 8 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 pc Lemon
- Cayenne pepper
- 2-4 twigs Rosemary or thyme
- 1 tbsp. Sunflower oil
- Get salad potatoes, wash, peel.
- Cut peeled, raw potatoes into small, 1 cm cubes.
- Boil the potato cubes in salted water.
- Check cooking point of potato cubes, drain and let cool.
- Boil the eggs and quench them.
- Halve the eggs and cut them into quarters. Cut half of the eggs into small pieces, set aside remaining eggs for decoration.
- Halve bell bell pepper, remove seeds and stem. Cut bell pepper pieces into cubes. Pluck needles from rosemary and make ready
- Sauté diced peppers in pan with rosemary needles over high heat. Season with salt, pepper and sugar. Set aside rosemary needles extra with 1/3 of the fried bell pepper cubes for decoration.
- Prepare mayonnaise yourself or put ready-made mayo in a bowl. For the mayo make yourself there is an extra tutorial with video.
- Provide sliced eggs, diced peppers, diced potatoes, mustard and mayonnaise in the bowl.
- Season the salad ingredients with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and sugar and mix.
- Arrange potato salad on plates, decorate with pieces of bell pepper, rosemary and eggs and serve quickly. Bon appetite!