OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Mhhh, today my Potato Pancake recipe comes into your kitchen. Grandma’s potato buffers are even available in a vegan version and that’s a reason to read on…
You can prepare your buffers with raw potatoes or with cooked ones. By the way, the buffer of boiled potatoes would then be a Berner Roesti.
Stick with it now: there’s a simple recipe for you … no matter whether you want to serve the buffers with oat flakes and egg, without oat flakes and egg, with or without onion, as a side dish or as a classic with apple sauce.
I will answer your cooking question at the end of the page using the comment function. Until then I wish you a lot of fun reading and good luck!
1. The most Important Points for the Preparation of Crispy Pan Potato Cakes
In a nutshell, I have summarized the most important things for the preparation below…
- Preferably a predominantly waxy potato variety. All other varieties work with my recipe too. The predominantly waxy variety produces particularly fine buffers.
- You can prepare the buffers with or without oat flakes and egg.
- As an alternative to oat flakes you can use rice flour, chickpea flour or a little cornflour.
- The egg-free buffer is vegan and therefore ideal for the guest kitchen.
- Buffers prepared with oat flakes, chickpea flour or rice flour are gluten-free!
The potato pancakes taste wonderful as a side dish or as a main course potato pancake with apple sauce or apple compote.
2. Recipe Potato Pancake
Before I start my buffer tip for the guest kitchen: You can keep the fried out potato buffers German “Reiberdatschi” warm in the oven at 140-160°C or prepare them and warm them up when the guests are there…. following many photos… Good luck!
- 600 g potatoes mainly waxy potatoes
- 1 tsp salt I use Ursalt or Himalaya salt
- 4-6 pinches black pepper
- 4 pinches nutmeg
- 20-70 ml sunflower oil You can also use rapeseed oil or clarified butter!
- 60-100 g chickpea flour Optional! You can also use oat flakes!
- 1-2 pc onion Optional!
- 1-2 pc egg Optional!
- 4-6 twigs thyme or rosemary as decoration of the potato side dish
- 20 g Butter I like to use clarified butter!
- 250 g apple puree
- iced sugar
- 4 twigs mint
- Wash the raw, mainly waxy potatoes with skin. Peel and grate the potatoes. If you peel the potatoes for a long time before preparation, store them in cold water so that the peeled potatoes do not turn brown.
- Grate the prepared, peeled potatoes evenly. Now you can add the optional ingredients: finely grated onions, beaten eggs, chickpea flour or oatmeal.
- Season the potato mixture with salt, pepper and nutmeg and season to taste.
- Mix the potato mixture. The water from the grated potatoes settles by itself. You don't need to pass the potato mixture or squeeze out the liquid with a cloth. Preheat the oven to 180°C hot air. Next, heat a coated pan on the stove and add a little oil to the pan.
- For round, beautifully shaped buffers, use a stainless steel ring to insert the mass.
- Turn the buffers after a firm crust has formed and fry them crispy on both sides.
- Cook the buffers for 10-15 minutes in the oven on baking paper until done, then arrange as desired.
- The buffer tastes great as a side dish with fish and meat, complements a starter with smoked salmon, it is a food evergreen served with sugar, cinnamon, stewed apple or apple sauce. Enjoy your meal!
2. Potato Pancake Calories, the Nutritional Values at a Glance
3. Other matching RecipesDips and cold sauces:
Grill sauces for your next grill evening, 5 cold sauces quickly prepare
Cold sauces based on mayonnaise Make your own french fries
Potato gratin with more vegetables
Potato fritter with apple compote
Potato fritter and roesti, potato pancakes with chives sauce
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Bavarian Cuisine
- French Recipes
- Side Dishes Recipes
- Typical Side Dishes Recipes
- Vegetarian Main Dishes Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German