OTHER LANGUAGES: German
My recipe Potato Goulash brings an exciting and hearty taste combination to the table.
The maximum variant with fried onions and parsley, served with a Nocke Creme Fraiche, is a real firecracker and makes meat eaters ponder.
With this vegan goulash you are missing nothing and it is a really nice dish and a great change.
Try this dish right away. I wish you good luck!
- 1. Prepare your own Potato Goulash
- 2. Which Potato Variety is ideal for Potato Goulash?
- 3. What Spices make the typical Goulash Flavor?
- 4. Fried Onions and fried Parsley as hearty Goulash Ingredients
- 5. Recipe Potato Goulash with fried Onions and fried Parsley
- 6. Calories (kcal.) Potato Goulash with roasted Onions and fried Parsley
- 7. Other Recipes for Goulash
1. Prepare your own Potato Goulash
The goulash consists of potatoes, onions, tomato paste, sweet paprika, vegetable stock, salt, pepper, marjoram and thyme. For the spices and aromatics you will also need garlic, lemon grater and caraway. Optionally you can add turmeric as a digestive miracle product. The goulash is prepared in about 40 minutes.
Advantageous: Vegan potato goulash is ready cooked in approx. 40 minutes!
2. Which Potato Variety is ideal for Potato Goulash?
The better the potatoes, the better the potato goulash. Which type of potato do you use best for your goulash? I prefer to use a floury potato variety or a waxy potato variety. These potato varieties give off starch when cooked. This gives the goulash a good binding and the potatoes also taste delicious.
Use floury boiling or firm boiling potatoes for the potato goulash!
3. What Spices make the typical Goulash Flavor?
I’ll summarize this in a paragraph here. On the one hand, the onions must be light brown roasted, then you need paprika sweet, tomato paste, caraway, garlic, marjoram and little lemon abrasion. These ingredients give the typical goulash taste. Also try my recipe for vegan goulash with sweet potatoes, just succeed, tastes great.
4. Fried Onions and fried Parsley as hearty Goulash Ingredients
The absolute kick in this dish is achieved with the various ingredients and additions. For the roasted onions I cut fine, raw onion slices, turn them in a mixture of flour and a little paprika edelsüß, then fry the floured onion rings in oil until crispy light brown. Because I’m already in the process, I also put some parsley leaves in the hot oil. The herbs spray a little while frying, please put a lid on the pot or your fryer. The crispy parsley leaves and the roasted onions are seasoned with salt immediately after the free float in the hot oil lying on the kitchen paper.
My vegan goulash with sweet potatoes is a similar dish and will certainly please you. Click on the picture!
5. Recipe Potato Goulash with fried Onions and fried Parsley
My recipe is a sure-fire step-by-step guide. You can experiment with marjoram and thyme and add more or less of these herbs to your goulash.
- 500 g potatoes
- 200 g carrots optional otherwise 150 g more potatoes
- 2-3 pc onions
- 1 tbs sun flower oil
- 2 pc clove of garlic
- 2 tbs tomato puree
- 2 tbs sweet paprika
- 1 tsp curcuma
- 1 tbs marjoram optional oregano
- 1 tsp thyme optional quendula
- 700-800 ml vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper grounded
- 2 tbs Créme Fraîche
- 400 g onions
- 500 g vegetable oil
- 4-5 tbs flour
- 1-2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- vegetable oil
- Wash the potatoes and peel them thoroughly. I usually cut the peeled potatoes into 1 cm cubes. This reduces the cooking time of the potato goulash. I halve the peeled carrots once lengthwise and then cut them into 1 cm slices at an angle. Halve the onions and garlic (peeling is then easier), peel and cut into fine cubes.
- Prepared potato cubes, carrot slices as well as onion and garlic cubes in a wide saucepan with sunflower oil sweat over high heat and let light brown color take. Add the tomato paste quickly and roast briefly. Add paprika, turmeric, marjoram and thyme and after stirring quickly deglaze with the vegetable stock.
- Bring the potato goulash to the boil and simmer lightly for 20 minutes.
- Peel the onions and cut them into fine rings. I sometimes use a slicer for this, because the rings then become even. Heat the vegetable oil to 170°C in a pot. Quickly mix the onion rings with the flour and paprika and immediately fry in the hot fat until golden brown. Remove the onions from the fat and place them on a plate with kitchen paper, season the fried onions with salt.
- Pluck the parsley leaves and fry them in the hot vegetable oil for a few minutes. I always put a lid on the pot, because the herbs are lightly sprayed into the hot fat. Put the crispy fried parsley on a plate with kitchen paper and season with salt.
- Season the potato goulash with salt and pepper shortly before serving. Arrange the goulash in deep plates. Place one shaped cam of crème fraîche on each goulash. Serve the potato goulash decorated with fried onions and parsley
6. Calories (kcal.) Potato Goulash with roasted Onions and fried Parsley
7. Other Recipes for GoulashAll German and Austria Goulash Recipes vegan goulash pork goulash,
venison in pepper cream sauce,
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Goulash Recipes
- Main Courses Recipes
- Stew Recipes
- Vegetarian Main Dishes Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German