OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Here I show you my Potato Cheese recipe. The potato cheese or original potato cheese is a popular spread from Upper Austria and Bavaria.
This spread is easy to prepare. So if you want to score with regional cuisine, you can quickly and easily conjure up this nice spread to eat with your guests.
I wish you every success and would be happy to share this contribution with your friends!
1. Potato Cheese Shopping List for the Supermarket
Here is the shopping list for potato cheese:
- potatoes (floury potatoes)
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- fried onions or fresh onions and oil
- garlic (this is optional)
- salt and pepper
The exact quantities of the ingredients can be found below in the recipe potato cheese.
2. Potato Cheese Preparation Step by Step
To give the potato cheese a special consistency, we use soft-boiled, floury potatoes for the base.
We also fry potato cubes crispy. These give the potato cheese a fantastic taste in combination with roasted onions.
If you want to keep your potato cheese in the fridge for 2-3 days, you are well advised to fry the garlic briefly. By frying, the garlic becomes durable and does not ferment.
The potato cheese fits to a hearty snack with pretzels and music 😉
3. Recipe Potato Cheese
Below is the recipe potato cheese with details of the ingredients. Good success!
- 500 g potatoes I use floury potatoes.
- 150 g cream cheese
- 150 g sour cream
- 4 tbs fried onions fried onions ready or with 2 fresh onions 4 tablespoons of oil to prepare yourself
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 pinch pepper
- 4 pinch nutmeg
- 8 pinch caraway grounded
- 2 - 4 tbs chives rolls
- 1 pc clove of garlic
- Peel the potatoes and set aside 2 or 3 potatoes raw for the fried potato cubes.
- Cut the rest of the potatoes into small pieces and cook them covered with salted water until soft.
- Pour the softly cooked potatoes into a sieve and leave to evaporate for approx. 5 minutes in the pot on the hot stove top.
- Finely crush the evaporated potatoes with a potato masher or press them through the potato press. Let the mashed potatoes cool down.
- Add the cream cheese and sour cream to the boiled potatoes, fried onions, salt, pepper, nutmeg and caraway and mix quickly.
- Cut the remaining raw potatoes into approx. 0.5 cm cubes.
- Blanch potato cubes for 2 minutes at 170°C in hot oil (pre-fried).
- Remove the potato cubes from the hot oil and allow to cool.
- After approx. 10 minutes, fry the potato cubes again for approx. 4 minutes until crisp and light brown.
- Add half of the potato cubes to the potato cheese, arrange and sprinkle with the remaining potato cubes.
- If you want to add garlic to the potato cheese, fry or fry the garlic briefly. This gives the potato cheese a great taste and makes it last longer.
4. Calories Potato Cheese - the Nutritional Values at a Glance
OTHER LANGUAGES: German