Today I show you my recipe poached egg in a bowl. Do you want to poach your eggs with confidence and ease? Then this is the right place for you.
The poached egg in the bowl I show here with basil. This time the egg does not poach in the vinegar water but at low temperature in the oven.
This professional cooking guide shows you how to prepare the SUPER-SUNDAY-BREAKFAST step by step. Good luck!
1. Shopping list for your breakfast with egg
Here is my shopping list for poached eggs with basil in a bowl…
- salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
- For the preparation you need a kitchen board, a bowl, a fork, a knife and ovenproof moulds.
You can find the exact amounts of ingredients in the Recipe Poached Egg in the bowl below.
2. Preparing a Poached Egg in the bowl, my cooking Tips
As always, here is a short summary of the advantages of this preparation and some tips to make your poached Sunday egg a perfect success!
2.1 Advantages of poached egg in the cell and professional correction…
A poached egg is properly cooked in vinegar water.
Poaching means letting it simmer under the boiling point.
You will find an original poached egg with fried potatoes and a poached egg with spinach elsewhere in my recipe blog.
The advantage of the preparation presented here is poached egg in a bowl:
- It doesn’t smell like vinegar in the kitchen in the morning.
- The eggs cook without much effort in the oven.
- The serving is quick because you serve the poached eggs directly in the bowl.
Wonderful, now it can start!
2.2 Prepare the poached egg in the bowl…
Step by step preparing a delicious breakfast egg with basil
- Preheat the oven to 120°C.
- Pluck the basil and cut finely.
- Spread the cups with butter.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Mix the eggs with salt, pepper and basil and pour into the buttered bowls.
Cook the eggs in the oven for 8-15 minutes. You can control the cooking degree of the eggs – very soft, fluffy, firm over the cooking time.
3. Recipe Poached Eggs in a Bowl
Following my recipe with the exact ingredients. Let yourself be inspired to creative cooking here! Try this egg prepared without basil with a topping of pumpkin seed oil and freshly roasted pumpkin seeds. Replace the basil with other herbs: Parsley, lovage, fresh marjoram, chives, chervil,… I wish you good luck… Let it taste you!
- 1 bunch basil I take fresh basil for the eggs
- 4 pc eggs
- 4 pinches salt I use himalaya salt
- 4 pinches white pepper
- 2 pinches Cayenne pepper
- 25 g Butter
- Preheat the oven to 120°C hot air and prepare a baking tray.
- Wash the basil, shake dry and put some leaves aside for decoration. Finely pour the rest of the basil.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the basil, season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and stir with a fork.
- Grease two soufflé moulds with butter and fill the prepared egg mixture into the moulds. Place the filled moulds on the baking tray and place in the preheated oven.
- Let the eggs poach in the oven for 8-15 minutes.
- Place the poached eggs with basil in the moulds on plates, arrange with basil leaves and serve quickly.