Here I show you my recipe for Pasta with red Prawns. This time I have used especially fine red crustaceans, namely Gambero Rosso.
These fine crustaceans come from the Mediterranean Sea, the Adriatic region from 700m depth. You must try the Gambero Rosso: The meat is sweet and has a full taste. For a dolce vita on the tongue this seafood is highly recommended!
Besides the great taste, these crabs are visually beautiful. The natural ruby red colour will cast a spell on you.
Then let’s conjure up something wonderful on your plate and start with the preparation… Good luck and bon appétit!
1. Pasta from the fine Italian kitchen
I boil my spaghetti in plenty of salted water in a tall, large pot.
When buying spaghetti, please remember: Italian cuisine doesn’t like egg pasta with fish and seafood. Leave the Tagliatelle all’ Uovo on the left today or buy it for the coming ragout dinner!
Use durum wheat spaghetti for this dish – without egg
Gluten-free alternative: spaghetti made from rice flour and quinoa.
I want to prepare the pasta like spaghetti aglio e olio. Garlic sweated golden brown gives me the typical taste of the pasta.
2. Noble Gambero Rosso
Imagine my situation the other day:
I wanted to surprise my guests with great crustaceans on spaghetti. So I went to my trusted Italian dealer. There I noticed the beautiful Gambero Rosso in the Italian seafood freezer. Even frozen, they looked bright red and evenly sorted in the package, almost like painted.
Well, I thought about it, I absolutely need them now, at least 2 packages of 1 kg each. Haste in the purchase decision was required, because my Italian dealer wanted to close already 5 minutes ago. With my parcels I was the last customer to rush through the shop to the cash desk. Then I needed stability and had to straighten my fallen jaws: “100 euros please”, said the friendly Italian.
My conclusion after preparing the delicious crustaceans and the wonderful evening we spent is: These red shrimps, Gambero Rosso, are a special delicacy! They certainly justified their high price.
But if you have to look hard at your spending, you can also use simple prawns and shrimps that only cost a quarter to a third.
3. Recipe pasta with prawns
- 500 g spaghetti
- 1 tbs salt My tip: cooking water may taste like sea water!
- 5 tbs oliv oil I use Italian olive oil
- 3 pc garlic cloves finely diced
- 1/2 pc chilli fresh or dried
- 200 ml vegetable broth
- 100 ml white wine
- 25 g butter
- 1 kg fresh prawns Gambero Rosso or Gambas Red Shrimp
- 4 pinches salt
- 4 pinches black pepper
- 4 pinches pepperoncino
- 2 tbs oliv oil
- 1 pc zucchini
- 100 g parmesan fresh and finely grated
- First cut off the zucchini at the ends. Cut the shells lengthwise into 5mm thick slices and discard the core. Then cut the zucchini slices into 5mm long strips and finally into even cubes. Sauté the prepared vegetable cubes in the pan with a little olive oil until light brown, season with salt and pepper, then remove from the pan and place in an extra bowl.
- Next, fry the Gambero Rosso in a little oil in the pan over high heat on both sides with olive oil. Then remove them, let them cool down and remove them from the dish. Put some Gambero unpeeled aside for decoration.
- Heat some olive oil in the pan again and fry the garlic cubes until golden brown. Deglaze with white wine and add stock.
- Place the prepared courgettes with the released prawns in stock, season with pepperoncino and a little butter and prepare to serve. I deliberately omitted to boil the shrimp shells today, I was simply in a hurry, please follow the tip according to the recipe!
- Boil the spaghetti in a large pot with salted water al dente, drain well after draining and shake several times.
- Arrange the spaghetti on warm plates with the help of a meat fork. Spread the garlic-chili-oil with the zucchini cubes and prawns over it.Decorate with a single red shrimp. Serve at the table with grated Parmesan cheese if desired. Bon appetite!