OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I will show you the original Paella recipe from Spain. For this great dish I went hiking and went on a pilgrimage. I came to Lucus, the sacred forest of early times and from the 13th century the first Marian shrine of the Balearic Islands.
The spiritual centre of Mallorca is the sanctuary of Lluc with the Black Madonna statue. It is a religious centre in the middle of the lush nature of the Serra de Tramuntana. The monastery is a world cultural heritage, for me personally a magical place with an incredible, positive vibration.
The restaurant Sa Fonda is located on the left side of the monastery. It offers its day guests and pilgrims original Spanish cuisine. In the kitchen there is chef Manuel who conjures up the most delicious traditional dishes of Mallorcan cuisine.
Now join me on a virtual, spiritual journey, which ends with a good meal. Have fun!
1. Santuari de Lluc
Santuari means sanctuary, Lluc was already known in pre-Christian times as Lucus – holy forest. In the region there are burial caves and excavation sites from the Talaiotic period. The Talaiotikum dates back to 125 BC.
Here are the pictures from LLUC, the destination is beautiful! To the website click here
2. How I learned the Secrets of an Original Spanish Paella Pan…
During my visit to Mallorca I wanted to taste an authentic paella pan and to learn the secrets of paella with seafood and fish from a Spanish cook.
Fortunately I found this dish on the menu of the restaurant Sa Fonda and could also get to know Manuel the chef.
3. Recipe Original Paella with Seafood
I documented the preparation step by step in the restaurant kitchen in Sa Fonda. Now I wish you a lot of fun cooking and good luck!
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 80 g artichoke hearts Manuel cuts them into quarters.
- 80 g peas Manuel uses frozen peas.
- 50 g beans Manuel used broad, green beans.
- 1 pc red bell pepper Thomas recommends sweet peppers
- 500 g Fish and seafood Prawns with shell, mussels, perch fillet
- 2 tbs parsley oil Parsley mixed with oil and garlic
- 120-150 g paella rice
- 1 tbs sweet paprika
- 1 tbs paella spice mix Mixture of saffron, ginger, fennel, garlic and curcuma
- 1 tbs pepper paste
- 300-400 ml vegetable broth
- 100 g Squid in tomato sauce You can use squid and chunky tomatoes!
- 2 pinches salt
- 4 pinches pepper
- Heat the pan a lot, we did that on the gas stove. Fry vegetables and seafood with olive oil.
- Remove the seafood from the pan and place on a plate.
- Add the parsley oil and stir.
- Add the rice and paprika powder.
- Add the paprika paste and the paella seasoning.
- Mix the rice with the spices and aromatics.
- Add the broth and bring to the boil.
- Add the squid in tomato sauce. Preheat oven to 200 °C in hot air.
- Cook the rice over a high heat until it is firm to the bite, which takes a good 18 minutes.
- Place the seafood and fish on the rice and place the paella pan in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Bring the pan to the table and put the seafood aside.
- Serve rice, fish, prawns and mussels.
4. Nutritional Values and Calories
5. Further RecommendationsVegetarian saffron risotto
Saffron risotto with shrimps or fish
Prepare rabbit roast like in Spain
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Culinary Travel Reports
- Current and New Recipes
- Fish & Seafood
- Main Courses Recipes
- Mediterranean Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German