My recipe Italian Omelette with Tomatoes, cheese and basil I show you in this post.
I like to prepare a delicious omelette with tomatoes for breakfast or brunch. I like the fragrant basil in combination with tomatoes very much.
This omelette with tomatoes, basil and cheese tastes especially delicious, I promise!
Experience the simplest omelette preparation that always succeeds. The cooking video accompanies you step by step through the omelette preparation process.
1. Omelette with Tomatoes
I like to use cocktail tomatoes myself. You can also prepare tomato dices and use these for the omelette. Cut the tomatoes into quarters, season the tomatoes with salt, pepper and some brown sugar, pour some olive oil over the tomatoes and let them mature for about 10 minutes.
Sauté the prepared tomatoes briefly in a pan, lightly caramelise them – this is pure, ingenious taste!
When your tomatoes are ready, you can take care of the cheese and basil. Alternatively, you can prepare the omelette as shown in the video. It goes even faster and tastes fantastic!
2. Omelette with Cheese
The trick with an omelette with cheese is to add the cheese straight to the egg. The cheese in the omelette then melts, the cheese on the outside brownens to the most delicious and tastes wonderful. In general, grated cheese melts faster, which is very important for omelette preparation. Please grate the cheese as finely as possible. I like to use Edam, Emmentaler, mountain cheese, Parmesan or Pecorino for my cheese omelette.
The Edam, Emmental, mountain, Parmesan or Pecorino cheeses are ideal for the cheese omelette!
3. Omelette with Herbs
In this recipe I use fresh basil. You can also use fresh parsley, chives, lovage (Maggikraut) or thyme. Frozen herbs or herb blends are just as suitable and save you additional time. You can use dried or frozen herbs if you don’t have anything fresh to hand. Use dried herbs sparingly, they develop a strong taste.
Fresh herbs, frozen herbs or dried herbs from the spice rack give your omelette a grandiose taste!
4. Video Prepare Omelette
In the cooking video I show you a simple preparation variant for the omelette. Use a coated pan for the preparation of the omelette, then the omelette will succeed safely. I wish you every success, if you have any questions, please use the comment function at the bottom of the page…
5. Recipe Italian Omelette
You will find my delicious recipe for omelette below with nutrition information.
- 8 pc cocktail tomatoes
- 1/2 pc onion or 1 shalott
- 1 tbs oliv oil
- 1/4 bunch basil
- 30 g Pecorino
- 4 pc egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Wash the tomatoes, cut into quarters. If necessary, cut out the style.
- Heat the omelette pan at medium temperature.
- Cut the onion or shallot into fine cubes and add to the pan with the prepared tomatoes.
- Add some olive oil. Sweat tomatoes and onions gently until glassy. Add a pinch of sugar to caramelise.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the finely chopped basil and grate the cheese.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper and mix with a fork.
- Pour the eggs into the pan, stir at the beginning, then let the egg falter and slide it to one side in the shape of a crescent.
- Turn the omelette once skilfully, continue cooking briefly, season again with salt and pepper, then arrange on warm plates.
- Preparation tip: If the omelette breaks when you turn it over, it is not a broken leg. Simply push the egg together again, finish cooking and arrange. The more "healthy" vegetables you add, the more unstable the shape of the omelette becomes.