Mustard Sauce Recipe, prepare Fish with Mustard Sauce
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Mustard Sauce Recipe (warm), the Gourmet VariantFirst of all I would like to show you the warm mustard sauce in the premium version…
- Sweat two shallots diced with butter (50 g), pimento (one grain) and bay leaf (one piece) for about five minutes until translucent.
- Deglaze with 50 ml white wine and bring to the boil with 150 ml vegetable broth.
- For binding, stir into the cold cream (150 ml) with 1 tsp corn starch and then slowly pour the cream into the boiling broth.
- Season the sauce with 1-2 tsp Dijon mustard, 3 pinches of salt, 2 pinches of pepper, 1 pinch of cayenne pepper and 2 pinches of nutmeg.
- Mix for the taste the mustard sauce with a little sugar (2 pinches) and mix the sauce with cold butter (15 g) until foamy – dill, chervil, parsley and capers go well with this.
2. Mustard Sauce Recipe (warm), the quick VariationIf you have to go really fast, here is the recipe mustard sauce for the fast kitchen…
- Add 150 ml of cold water with 1 teaspoon vegetable stock and 1 teaspoon starch to a saucepan, mix and bring to the boil.
- Add 150 ml cream to the boiling sauce, season with 1-2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 3 pinches salt, 2 pinches pepper, 1 pinch cayenne pepper and 2 pinches nutmeg and approx.
- Add 3 pinches sugar and mix with cold butter (15 g) until foamy. Capers, parsley, dill and chervil go well with this sauce.
Important: Always mix cornflour with cold liquid, then add to warm liquid. You can also stir cold and bring to the boil. The sauce doesn’t clot!
3. Cold Mustard Sauce RecipeIn order to complete the article and the flow of information towards your kitchen, here is a short version of the recipe for the cold mustard sauce:
- mix 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard with 1 tbsp. honey, 1 tsp. dill and taste the sauce with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- you can add crème fraîche to this cold mustard sauce or a little Mayo!
4. Recipe Fish in Mustard Sauce with Mashed Potatoes and CapersHere step by step with many photos the instructions for the dish. Please use the comment function to send us your questions!
Rose Fish with Mustard Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Capers and Dill
Fish with mustard sauce shows you professional chef Thomas Sixt with this recipe. Try this dish with different types of fish like salmon, cod, halibut, plaice, saithe, monkfish, perch, as well as pike-perch, trout and carp. In the article you’ll find two variations for warm and one variation of the popular cold mustard sauce as a dip for smoked salmon and Gravad salmon.
Mashed Potatoes Ingredients
|300||g||Potatoes (I use floury potatoes)|
|4||pinches||Salt (I use Himalayan salt or primal salt)|
Mustard Sauce Ingredients
|1||tbsp||Noilly Prat Dry (vermouth)|
|3||pinches||Salt (I use Himalayan salt or primal salt)|
|3||pinches||Sugar (I use brown sugar!)|
|50||g||butter (I use cold butter to froth up!)|
|300||g||rose fish fillet (or other fish fillets without skin)|
|6||pinches||Salt (I use Himalayan salt or primal salt)|
Decoration and Additions
Peel the potatoes, cut into slices and cook covered with broth until soft. For later serving, keep the plates warm in the oven. You can also heat the plates in a microwave.
Drain the potatoes and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the cream and butter and quickly mix with a hand mixer to a creamy puree.
Peel and finely dice the shallots and sauté in the butter for 5 minutes in a colourless pan with allspice and bay leaf. Deglaze with Noilly Prat and white wine, add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Mix cold cream with cornflour and slowly pour into the boiling broth. The sauce binds when boiling. Flavour the mustard sauce with mustard and the remaining spices and keep warm for serving.
Wash rose fish ocean perch fish fillets under running cold water. Check fillets for existing bones and cut them out generously with a knife. Cut fish fillets into portions.
Bring the mustard sauce to the boil, remove from the heat and place the fish fillets next to each other in the sauce and poach for 3-5 minutes. Heat the mashed potatoes, season to taste again and arrange on a warm plate in the middle. Remove the fish fillets from the sauce with a skimmer and place them on top of the mashed potatoes.
Mix the mustard sauce with a hand blender and pour into the dish. Serve decorated with dill and capers.
5. Calories Fish with Mustard Sauce and mashed Potatoes
6. Other matching Recipes
Fry fish: Recipe Fried Rose Fish Filet with Potato Salad
How to get Halibut with Potato Puree and Peas
Recipe Redfish in Tomato Stock “Mediterranean”
Recipe Redfish with White Wine Sauce, Spinach and Potatoes
Fish in Tomato Sauce with cooking Video
Codfish in Chanterelles Stock Recipe with Cooking Video
All Fish Recipes by Kochprofi Thomas Sixt