Today we cook together a fine mushroom soup. We can buy the mushrooms all year round in the supermarket and a great soup warms the stomach and is good for the soul.
On which occasion would you like to serve this cream soup? Perhaps you would like to serve it as a light dinner or when guests come instead of a classic starter with salad? I would be very happy if you leave us a message at the end of the page using the comment function. Of course I will also answer your cooking questions. Maybe you also find it exciting to share your ideas and let us all participate here 🙂
Now let’s ask ourselves how to conjure up the finest cream of mushroom soup on the table and the plate. For this purpose I have put together many photos and all my tips here in a guide. I wish you a lot of fun while reading and good luck later in the kitchen!
1. Shopping list and new professional cooking tips
Before the story, I want to make it practical for you and put a small overview of the ingredients at the top. Maybe you are driving through the supermarket and don’t want to scroll down to the recipe. Here is the overview…
Shopping list mushroom cream soup for 2 persons, for your supermarket rally
500 g of mushrooms: —> Please use
Two pieces of shallots: ———> are finer in taste and s!
A little clove of garlic: ———> If one could discuss, it gives .
White wine: ————————————> Please use .
Vegetable broth: ——————————-> Diced or as well as self-cooked.
Cream: ——————————————> You can use .
Salt: ————————> Use unpurified , which contains .
White pepper nutmeg and cayenne pepper, bay leaf: ——> For the .
Cornflour: ———–> To thicken the soup so that the soup has the status .
Lemon peel: ————-> Very little… !
Optional mushroom powder:—> The absolute, kicks the into !
Mushrooms are also called Egerlinge. For the soup I take the white mushrooms, as decoration a brown Egerling would be very suitable!Ingredients note from cook Thomas Sixt
Photo impressions and tips
The mushrooms need time and low temperature – so the taste can develop excellently.Tip from cook Thomas Sixt
2. Homemade muffins as a fine side dish to the soup
For the soup I thought of a nice side dish and baked some solid muffins. This makes this dish a full-fledged dinner.
3. Recipe Mushroom Soup
- 2 pc Shallots
- 1/2 pc garlic clove
- 1 tbs Butter
- 500 g Mushrooms I use white mushrooms, champignons
- 1 pc Bay leaf
- 80 ml White wine dry
- 500 ml Vegetable broth
- 150 ml Whipped cream or soy cream
- some Lemon peel from the organic lemon
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- some Nutmeg
- some Salt
- some Pepper
- some Cayenne pepper
- 50 g Butter Use ice-cold butter for mixing
- 2 pc Champignons
- 1/4 bunch Parsley or other herbs in season
- 100 g Flour
- 125 g curd
- 100 ml Milk
- 60 g Butter
- 2 pc Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sesame
- 1 tsp Caraway seeds
- 6 pc Cocktail tomato
- Place all the ingredients for the solid muffins in a bowl.
- Mix the dough with the kneading hooks of the hand mixer.
- Put the dough into muffin paper cups and fill them into the muffin cups. Decorate with caraway, sesame and tomatoes as desired. Then bake at 180°C hot air for about 30 minutes. Then test the muffin with a needle and when no more dough sticks to the stick, prepare the muffin for serving.
- Put one or two nice mushrooms aside for decoration. Chop the rest of the mushrooms, dice the shallots or cut them into strips, slice the garlic and put all the ingredients with the butter and bay leaf into the pot and sauté for 15 minutes until transparent.
- Add white wine to the soup. Pour in the broth and bring to the boil. Let the cream slowly run into the boiling liquid so that it does not flocculate. Let the soup simmer slightly for 20 minutes.
- Add really little, finely grated lemon peel, season the soup with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne pepper.
- Remove the bay leaf. Mix the soup with the hand blender and let the flavor ripen for 10 minutes.
- Pass the soup through a fine hair sieve and squeeze the mushroom pomace well with a ladle to extract the last flavors into the liquid.
- Boil the soup that has passed through. Depending on the consistency of the soup, thicken with cornflour mixed in cold water: To do this, pour 100 ml of cold water into a beaker and stir in the starch. Gradually add the starch liquid to the boiling soup and bind until the desired consistency is achieved. Then let it boil for another 2 minutes.
- Prepare the decoration: Wash the fresh herbs, dry them and cut them finely. Slice the mushrooms very thinly. I use a truffle slicer for this.
- Season the soup again just before serving. Mix with the ice-cold butter until frothy and arrange in hot soup plates. Decorate mushroom slices and herbs and serve with the lukewarm muffins.