OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I show you my Mushroom Risotto recipe. Risotto made easy, with ingredients you always get in the supermarket.
Here you will learn how to prepare risotto step by step with oyster mushrooms, mushrooms, herbseitlinge, porcini mushrooms or chanterelles.
Put a quick and easy, delicious vegetarian risotto with mushrooms on the table. Get inspired here, maybe you’re just discovering your new favorite recipe. Good luck and a good appetite!
ONLY USE MUSHROOMS YOU CAN BUY IN A RELIABLE SUPERMARKET
1. Risotto with Mushrooms
Mushrooms are a wonderful ingredient and are available in supermarkets all year round. No wonder that mushroom risotto is one of the most popular vegetarian risotto varieties. I have a simple tip for you: buy light and dark mushrooms, put the light mushrooms in the risotto and cook them with the rice. These mushrooms give the taste and your risotto stays bright and white. The dark mushrooms you take as toppings: fried in olive oil, refined with or without cream/soy cream, at least with freshly cut parsley colored and flavored to match these mushrooms on your risotto and complete it visually and taste of the finest!
2. Mushroom Risotto with fresh Mushrooms
The risotto with fresh mushrooms is a real highlight, please note my following tips for buying and preparing fresh mushrooms:
- Buy the cleanest, freshest mushrooms possible.
- Dry brushing of dirty mushrooms.
- Always process mushrooms quickly.
- Add some of the mushrooms to the risotto, use the remaining fried mushrooms as a topping on top.
- Always fry mushrooms at high heat, this contributes to the positive taste formation.
If the mushrooms are very dirty, fill a large bowl with cold water, stir in 2 tablespoons of flour or corn starch and the juice of a whole lemon and wash the mushrooms in it in a flash. Then wash the mushrooms under running water and dry them quickly. Explanation: The lemon juice (the acid) can loosen the dirt from the mushrooms, the flour binds the dirt.
Suitable mushrooms that you can get on the market in season or always:
- Oyster mushrooms
- Mushrooms light and dark
- King oyster mushrooms
- Porcini mushrooms
- Chanterelles (Reherl/Eierschwammerl)
3. Mushroom Risotto with dried Mushrooms
The mushroom risotto with dried mushrooms differs minimally in its preparation, but there are still some things to consider. For this please look at my recipe for porcini mushroom risotto , there I show you the preparation of risotto by dried mushrooms step by step.
4. Mushroom Risotto short Instructions, Mushroom Risotto without Wine also tastes good!
Here my short instruction for the preparation of mushroom risotto from fresh mushrooms:
- Cut the clean mushrooms into slices.
- Sweat half of the mushrooms in olive oil and let them take some colour.
- Add shallots or onion cubes and sweat for a short time.
- Add risotto rice and sweat colourlessly.
- Deglaze with white wine (or leave the wine out), pour in hot broth and simmer gently.
- Brown the remaining mushrooms, refine with parsley or thyme.
- Season to taste roasted mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Make the mushrooms available with or without cream as topping for the mushroom risotto.
- Finish cooking the risotto, stir until creamy with finely grated cheese and olive oil.
- Risotto final with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne pepper season to taste.
- Serve creamy mushroom risotto with a dressing ring on warm plates.
- Place mushroom topping on top and serve quickly sprinkled with cheese.
5. Recipe Mushroom Risotto
Below you will find the basic recipe for mushroom risotto. You can prepare your risotto with mushrooms in different variations depending on the market offer. Good luck!
- 250-350 g fresh mushrooms FROM SUPERMARKET Oyster mushrooms, mushrooms light and dark, herb mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, porcini mushrooms, chanterelles/roe deer/egg mushrooms
- 4 tbs oliv oil
- 2 pc shallots or yellow onions
- 120 g risotto rice Arborio, Vialone nano
- 50-80 ml dry white wine optional
- 300-400 ml vegetable broth
- 50 g Butter
- 1-2 tbs parsley
- 4 pinch salt
- 2-3 pinch pepper
- 3 pinch nutmeg
- 100 ml cream optional
- 40 g Parmesan
- Clean the mushrooms according to the instructions in the article and cut into slices or bite-sized pieces. Fry half of the mushrooms in a pan with a little olive oil. Add the diced shallot and risotto rice and sweat briefly. Deglaze with the white wine, gradually add the hot vegetable stock and cook the risotto covered with liquid until lightly simmering. Stir the mushroom risotto constantly.
- Cut the parsley into fine strips, sauté the remaining mushrooms in a frying pan with a little olive oil and butter and let colour over a high heat. Season the mushrooms with salt, pepper and parsley and optionally add some white wine and cream.
- Season the risotto with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix the mushroom risotto with some grated cheese and the remaining butter/olive oil until creamy and arrange on warm plates. Place the prepared remaining mushrooms on the mushroom risotto and serve quickly to taste with grated cheese and olive oil. Enjoy your meal!
6. Calories Mushroom Risotto Overview of Nutritional Values
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Main Courses Recipes
- Risotto Recipes
- Vegetarian Main Dishes Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German