Today I show you my mushroom risotto with chanterelle. The chanterelle season is in Germany from June to November. The ingredients for this dish you can get in any supermarket, even the mushrooms are fresh and suitable in time.
You may just discover your new favorite recipe! This rice dish is perfect for dinner and even for your perfect dinner. It is vegetarian and pleases the senses. Now we conjure up step by step with guaranteed success a quick and easy risotto dish on the plate. Good luck and bon appétit!
1. Shopping List for Risotto with Chanterelles
You will need the following ingredients for your Italian rice dish:
- fresh chanterelles alternatively porcini or mushrooms
- 1 piece of shallot or a small yellow onion
- optionally some garlic
- risotto rice
- dry white wine
- vegetable broth
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
- butter, olive oil
- parmesan or pecorino
The exact amounts of each ingredient can be found in the recipe chanterelle risotto further down in the article.
2. Recipe Mushroom Risotto with Chanterelles
Here now the tutorial with photos and video. Wish you good luck 🙂 Feel free to leave a comment, a cooking question or kitchen gossip!
- 500 g Chanterelles I also use mushrooms or porcini mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- some Garlic Optional according to personal taste
- 1 pc Shallot I sometimes use a small yellow onion.
- 120 g Risotto Rice Arborio, Vialone nano
- 50-80 ml dry white wine optional
- 300-400 ml Vegetable broth
- 50 g Butter
- 4 pinches Salt
- 2-3 pinches Pepper
- 3 pnches nutmeg
- 1-2 tbsp. Parsley
- 40-80 g Parmesan
- 1-2 tsp. Cranberries
- Get the chanterelles ready in the kitchen.
- Choose the most beautiful chanterelles for decoration and clean them. Clean the rest of the mushrooms in the same way. The article "Washing chanterelles" shows you the variants step by step.
- Get remaining risotto ingredients ready.
- Finely grate the Parmesan, chill the butter, put the olive oil in a pot.
- Finely chop the parsley and peel and dice the shallot.
- Bring vegetable broth to a boil and have ready.
- Weigh rice, I figure about 1/2 cup per person.
- Sauté finely chopped chanterelle without decoration chanterelles with olive oil and shallot cubes in a saucepan. Optionally, add finely chopped garlic. Remove half of the chanterelles after 4 minutes and keep extra ready.
- Add risotto rice to the pot and sweat for 3 minutes.
- Deglaze risotto mixture with broth and cook, stirring constantly and simmering gently, for 18 minutes.
- Fry the chanterelle mushrooms in an extra frying pan over high heat with oil. Season the mushrooms with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Add the remaining chanterelles, set aside, to the risotto after 17 minutes of cooking. and finish cooking the rice until liquid to creamy.
- Stir the chanterelle risotto with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, butter, olive oil and a little of the grated Parmesan until creamy and season to taste. The risotto should still run from the spoon!
- Arrange risotto on warm plates. Arrange beautifully with decorative chanterelles, parsley, cranberries and Parmesan and serve quickly. Enjoy your meal!