Today I show you my recipe for mushroom cream sauce. The mushroom sauce you can prepare with chanterelles, porcini, mushrooms and oyster mushrooms. Fresh mushrooms are the first choice, frozen you can use exceptionally 🙂 also.
You may just discover a new universal recipe: the sauce succeeds easily, goes well with gnocchi, pasta and dumplings. It is vegetarian and tastes delicious.
You will find here a step by step guide with a guarantee of success. Leave me a comment, a cooking question or kitchen gossip. Wish you good luck and a good appetite!
1. Shopping List for Mushroom Cream Sauce
The handy list helps in the supermarket and speeds up your shopping. You need the following ingredients:
- fresh chanterelles or other mushrooms
- 1 piece of shallot or a small yellow onion
- Optionally some garlic
- Optional dry white wine
- vegetable broth
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
- butter, sunflower oil
You can serve the sauce with spaghetti, tagliatelle, gnocchi or with dumplings. You can find more information in the recipe section.
2. Recipe Mushroom Cream Sauce
Look at the step by step photos at your leisure, a video accompanies you in the kitchen. Wish you good luck 🙂 Feel free to leave a comment, a cooking question or kitchen gossip!
- 500 g Chanterelles I also use mushrooms or porcini mushrooms
- 1 EL Sunflower oil
- etwas Garlic Optional according to personal taste
- 1 pc Shallot I sometimes use a small yellow onion.
- 50-80 ml dry white wine optional
- 300-400 ml Vegetable broth
- 150-200 ml Cream
- 1 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 50 g Butter
- 4 pinches Salt
- 2-3 pinches Pepper
- 3 pinches nutmeg
- 1-2 tsp Cranberries
- 1-2 tbsp Parsley
- Provide fresh chanterelles in the kitchen. Alternatively, use other mushrooms or defrost frozen mushrooms.
- Choose the most beautiful mushrooms for decoration and clean them. Clean the remaining mushrooms in the same way. In the article washing chanterelles I show you the variants with brush and professional washing step by step.
- Prepare the ingredients for the mushroom cream sauce.
- Sauté the beautiful decorative mushrooms first in a pan over high heat with a little oil. Season with salt and pepper, then remove from the pan.
- Pluck off the leaves of the parsley and chop finely.
- Halve, peel and finely dice the shallot.
- Bring vegetable broth to a boil and have ready.
- Fry chanterelle cut into small pieces without decoration chanterelles in a pan over high heat with a little oil.
- Add the shallot cubes and bay leaf and sauté. Optionally, add finely chopped garlic.
- Deglaze the gravy with white wine and broth and bring to a boil. Add the cold cream to the boiling mushroom broth.
- Mix a heaped teaspoon of cornstarch in a little cold water and add to the mushroom sauce. Bring the sauce to a boil and thicken. Season the sauce with salt, pepper, nutmeg, cayenne pepper and parsley. I personally balance the taste of the sauce with a little sugar or cranberry juice.
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of salted water until al dente and drain.
- Arrange the spaghetti on warm plates and serve with the sauce. Decorate with mushrooms, Parmesan cheese and some cranberries.
- You can prepare a simple risotto with white wine and vegetable broth and serve the mushroom sauce with it. Alternatively, I have prepared a mushroom risotto with chanterelles for you.
3. Calories and Nutritional Values at a Glance
The nutritional values are calculated without side dishes.