Now I show you here a mediterranean variant of muffins, my recipe Muffins with Tomatoes and Olives.
The muffins with tomatoes and olives bring holiday memories to your table. The tomato-olive muffins are just as suitable for the summer picnic as as finger and party food.
Topped with air-dried ham or a spicy Manchego cheese you can serve the muffins directly. Alternatively you can fill the muffins with salted butter, garlic butter, salami or sour cream.
For the preparation, I recommend the use of a muffin tray and muffin paper moulds. This way the muffins can be easily loosened and get the desired shape.
I wish you all the best and would be happy if you share the article on Facebook.
1. Recipe Tomato Olive Muffins
- 200 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 pc egg
- 50 g oliv oil
- 80 g dried tomatoes I like to use dried tomatoes pickled in oil.
- 80 g olives I prefer the green olives pickled in brine without stone.
- 100 g sour cream
- 1 tsp thyme I'll take fresh thyme.
- Preheat oven at 190°C hot air. Cover the muffin tray with paper moulds.
- Beat eggs with salt for 2 minutes. Add the oil and whip for another 2 minutes.
- Add flour with baking powder and sour cream and mix for 4 minutes. Add the prepared dried tomato pieces and olives cut into rings and stir in.
- Pour the dough into the muffin pan and bake for approx. 25 minutes, remove from the pan and serve.
- Bake the muffins for approx. 25 minutes, remove from the moulds and serve.
Rich to the muffins fresh homemade tsatsiki. You can find my recipe in the recipe Gyros with Tsatsiki.