Now I show you here a hearty variant of muffins, my recipe Muffins with Bacon and Onions.
The hearty bacon and onion muffins are a great substitute for bread and give dishes an individual touch. These muffins are perfect for summer snacks with ham, salami and antipasti. Even more: classic side dishes such as dumplings or mashed potatoes can be replaced by these muffins.
The bacon and onion muffins are also a perfect finger food at your party: halved, the small bites are quickly filled with ham, horseradish or a light garlic mayonnaise and served to the guests with napkins.
For the preparation I recommend the use of muffin tray and muffin paper moulds. This Variant is sure to succeed.
I wish you a lot of fun baking and would be happy if you share the article on Facebook.
1. Recipe Bacon-Onion Muffins
- 1 pc onion I'll dice the onion very finely.
- 100 g bacon cubes I like to use bacon with little fat and high meat content.
- 2 tbs rapseed oil
- 300 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 pc eggs
- 70 g Butter I use the butter room warm.
- 250 g sour cream
- 2 tsp caraway or sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Fry the onion cubes and the bacon cubes in oil until translucent and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven at 190°C hot air. Cover the muffin tray with paper moulds.Beat eggs with salt for 2 minutes. Add the soft butter and whip for another 2 minutes.
- Mix flour with baking powder. Add the sour cream and the prepared bacon and onion cubes and mix for 4 minutes.
- Pour the dough into the muffin moulds and sprinkle with caraway or sesame seeds.
- Bake the muffins for approx. 25 minutes, remove from the moulds and serve.
2. Bacon-Onion-Muffins TipsRich to the muffins fresh horseradish or salad or ham and pickled gherkins.
3. Other thematically matching RecipesBluebery muffins
Hearty tomato olive muffins Cupcakes Rezepte