Today I’m going to show you two versions of minced meat sauce. I like the Bolognese sauce with and without animal.
This classic comes from Italian cuisine and has become an international culinary triumph as a pasta sauce.
A video accompanies you in the kitchen. I wish you success in cooking and bon appétit! You can send me cooking questions at the end of the page via the comment function.
1. Shopping List for Minced Meat Sauce
The practical ingredient list at the beginning of the article has proven its worth: It provides a good overview and is a help for the supermarket 🙂
- Butter and olive oil
- Garlic, shallots or yellow onion
- Optional celery, carrot or soup vegetables
- With animal: Lean minced meat
- Without animal: Vegan minced meat
- Tomato paste and chunky tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, sugar, cayenne pepper
- Pasta: Tagliatelle (egg noodles) or spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese
Don’t worry, you’ll find the exact ingredient amounts in the recipe one paragraph further on.
„The vegan mince sauce cooks faster than the animal version. Really worth a try in terms of taste!“recommends Chef Thomas Sixt
2. Recipe Minced Meat Sauce
Here are the exact instructions. I leave it up to you whether you use minced meat or vegetarian minced meat. Good luck!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 10 g butter
- 500 g vegetarian mince or minced beef or half and half
- 1-2 onion I like to use shallots
- 1 pc garlic clove in winter I use 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch soup vegetables optional
- 3 tbs tomato paste
- 1 can chunky tomatoes
- 100 ml dry red wine optional
- 1 tsp Tamari I use original soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt I prefer to use Himalayan salt
- 5 pinches black pepper
- 2 pinches brown sugar
- 1 tbs marjoram
- 6 l water to cook pasta
- 2 tbs salt pasta water may taste like seawater!
- 500 g tagliatelle or spaghetti
- 2 tbs oliv oil always goes in the pasta water in Italy!
- 100 g grated parmesan
- 1 bunch basil optional thyme or parsley
- 4 tsp oliv oil I drizzle the cold oil over the pasta.
- Prepare the ingredients in the kitchen.
- Peel the garlic and onions.
- Finely dice the garlic and onions.
- Prepare the diced garlic and onion in a bowl.
- Sauté the vegan mince in a pan with olive oil and butter.
- Optionally, brown the minced meat in the pan.
- Add the garlic and diced onion to the minced meat and sweat.
- Red wine, tamari, tomatoes, tomato paste and marjoram for the sauce.
- Season the sauce with salt, pepper, sugar and cayenne pepper. Allow the vegan sauce to simmer gently for 5 minutes, and the sauce with minced meat to simmer gently for at least 15 minutes. Continue to use as desired.
- Prepare the pasta for cooking in salted water. Bring pot of water to boil, season water with salt like sea water.
- Cook the pasta al dente according to the instructions on the packet and drain.
- Arrange the pasta with sauce on hot plates and serve sprinkled with herbs. I like to add a few drops of olive oil to the dish.
- Optionally, you can freeze the sauce in bags: Allow the sauce to cool and fill into bags. Freeze the bags pressed flat. This makes it easier to defrost. I like to fill the sauce hot into cleaned jars. To do this, clean the jars and lids with vinegar essence, then pour in the hot sauce, seal and refrigerate. It can be kept refrigerated for about 2 weeks.
- Another idea for using the sauce is a classic Lasagne Bolognese.