OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Today I’ll show you my recipe Meatloaf without Stuffing. The meatloaf is also known under the name “false hare”.
This recipe succeeds simply and fast. The roast is ideal for the evening and when guests come. The roast can also be used cold, so there are no leftovers.
You will find many step-by-step photos below.
As sauce I have invented a caper sauce in Koenigsberger style.
I wish you good luck and a good appetite!
1. Meat Loaf Side Dishes, go well with…
Let us first make some considerations about the appropriate side dishes. The caper sauce restricts the choice of side dishes a little. If you can think of anything else, then write me about the comment function. Here comes my list…
Matching Side Dishes for Meatloaf:
- mashed potatoes
- jacket potatoes
- fried potatoes
- potato gratin
- Jerusalem artichoke puree
- celery puree
- glazed root vegetables
Side Dish Salad:
2. Recipe for Minced Meat Roast without Filling
Below you will find a step by step guide with many photos and tips. Further recipe recommendations can be found under the nutritional information. Now I wish you a lot of fun and good luck…
- 500 g minced meat mixed half port half beef
- 1 pc onion big or 2 small onions
- 1 pc clove of garlc
- 1 tsp sunflower oil for sautéing onion and garlic
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 pc rolls bread rolls diced
- 75-100 ml milk
- 2 pc eggs for the minced meat mass
- 1 tbs mustard I prefer to use Dijon mustard
- 3 pc anchovy fillets
- 4 pinches salt
- 8 pinches pepper
- some oil to grease the roaster!
- 500 g potatoes floury potatoes
- 4 pinches salt
- 6 pinches pepper
- 6 pinches nutmeg
- 25 g Butter
- 1 pc onion
- 50 g Butter
- 1 tbs flour
- 50 ml white wine dry
- 300 ml vegetable broth
- 150 ml cream
- 5 pinches salt
- 5 pinches pepper
- 3 pinches Cayenne pepoer
- 4 pinches sugar
- 1 pc tomato
- some parsley
- Cook the potatoes in a pot with salted water until soft. I like to add caraway seeds and parsley stalks for the taste. While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the roast minced meat.
- Place the ingredients in the kitchen. Preheat the oven to 200°C hot air.
- Cut the bread rolls into cubes and pour over the boiling milk and soak.
- Finely dice the peeled onions and garlic, finely chop the parsley. Chop the anchovy fillets finely.
- Sweat the onion and garlic cubes in a pan for 3-4 minutes with a little sunflower oil and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Put the minced meat, parsley, salt, pepper, mustard, garlic and onions as well as chopped anchovy fillets in a bowl.
- Add the soaked, squeezed out bread cubes to the minced meat.
- Mix the minced meat mixture with your hands.
- Moisten the hands with cold water and form an elongated loaf. Place the minced meat in the oiled roaster. Smooth out the roast again and place in the oven on the middle shelf. Cook at 170-190°C for about 45 minutes.
- Sauté the diced onion in the butter and prepare a roux with flour.
- Deglaze with cold white wine, add vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Slowly pour the cream into the boiling liquid.
- Cut the tomato in half, cut into quarters, add the core to the sauce and mix with a hand blender. Cut the tomato skin thinly and cut tomato cubes for decoration.
- Refine the sauce with freshly grated lemon peel.
- Add the capers to the sauce, save some capers for decoration!
- Peel the cooked potatoes and toss briefly in butter, refine with a little parsley and season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne pepper.
- Take the minced meat out of the oven.
- Cut the roast into slices with a moistened knife.
- Arrange the meat loaf slices and potatoes on hot plates. Add the sauce. Decorate with tomato cubes and parsley and serve quickly. Enjoy your meal!
3. Calories Minced Meatloaf with Caper Sauce and Potatoes, Overview of Nutritional Values
4. More and similar RecipesKoenigsberg meat balls
Meatloaf filled with egg
Muesli meatballs recipe with cooking video
Swedish meatballs - Koetbullar recipe Roast beef stewed
Marinated pot roast
Boeuf a la mode
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Classics of Good Cuisine Recipes
- German Food and Recipes from German Kitchen
- Main Courses Recipes
- Meat Recipes
- Minced Meat Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German