OTHER LANGUAGES: German
My recipe Mayonnaise shows you one of the most popular cold sauces and this tastes best homemade.
With this recipe for mayo I give you a simple and sure to succeed guide. The modern preparation with the stirrer is quite successful.
The video mayonnaise with the mixer prepare shows you everything step by step.
I wish you a lot of fun and good luck, I would be happy if you share this article on Facebook and other Socials with your friends!
1. Definition Mayonnaise
Mayonnaise is a cold sauce and is used as a basic recipe for many preparations. If the homemade mayo is successful, then it is an emulsion, an even mixture of egg yolk, vegetable oil, lemon juice or vinegar, mustard and salt. The mustard acts as a binding agent, as an “emulsifier”. The intensive stirring combines the ingredients to a creamy sauce mayonnaise. Where does the name mayonnaise come from? The exact origin of the mayonnaise is uncertain. The name refers to Maó, Spanish “Mahon”, which is the capital of the small Balearic island of Menorca. According to tradition, the coldly stirred “Salsa Mahonése” was served to French conquerors on Menorca. From France, this sauce began its triumphal march around the world under the French name “mayonnaise”.
The Duden says: Mayonnaise is a thick, cold sauce made from egg yolk, oil, lemon juice (or vinegar) and spices; short form: Mayo
2. How to prepare Mayonnaise?
Today I will show you a sure-fire method for the preparation of a homemade mayo. For this you need a mixer with a whisk, a clean and fat-free bowl and tempered ingredients. Please take the ingredients out of the fridge 2 hours before cooking and prepare them at room temperature.
The preparation of the mayonnaise with the mixer is sure to succeed!
3. Making your own Mayonnaise with the Stirrer
This is the classic method of preparation. The ingredients are gradually stirred in a suitable fat-free and dry bowl. Since the electric mixer does the manual work for us, it goes very quickly. Here again my hint to the tempered ingredients: Cold egg yolk and cold oil cannot be mixed together. Therefore:
The ingredients for the preparation of the mayonnaise should be prepared at room temperature 2 hours before the preparation.
Important: Always add the oil slowly so that it can combine with the egg yolk. Further information in the recipe!
4. Cooking Video Mayonnaise prepared with the Mixer yourself
5. Recipe Mayonnaise with the Mixer
- 2 pc egg yolk
- 4 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp mustard medium-hot mustard or Dijon-mustard
- 240 ml sun flower oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 pinch pepper
- 1-2 tbs water as convenient
- Process all ingredients at room temperature! Cream egg yolk, salt and mustard.
- Stir in sunflower oil drop by drop.
- When the mayonnaise is firm, slowly add more sunflower oil and work in.
- Egg yolk and oil must combine to form a solid mass, the so-called emulsion.
- Add vinegar or lemon juice and pepper and slowly stir in the rest of the oil. Stir in some water if necessary.
6. Calories homemade Mayonnaise, the Nutritional Values
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Barbecue Recipes
- Burger Recipes
- French Recipes
- Recipes with Cooking Videos from Thomas Sixt
- Sauces and Broths Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German