My simple matjes salad with Queller and apple I present to you in this post. The fish salad is in less than 20 minutes on the table.
The Queller is also called sea asparagus and salicorne and is a wild vegetable. The harvest time begins in May. It tastes raw, blanched and steamed.
A cooking video accompanies you. I wish you good success and a good appetite!
1. Shopping List for Matjes Salad with Celery
Here follows the Handy list for your Shopping:
- Matjes —> Order fish market or matjes online
- Colorful Leaf Salads, Apple —> Vegetable and Fruit Department
- Sea Asparagus —> Collect or fish department at Supermarket
- Spices —> Original Salt, Pepper, Brown Sugar, Chili
- Olive Oil —> Get Supermarket or at the Italian of your confidence
- Balsamic —–> The older the better, I even boiled mine down
When shopping from the matjes, pay attention to the origin. My preferred supplier ships for private and gastronomy.
On the Queller or Salicorne I go here not further, because there is an extra Beitag to it. Soon!
Matjes I buy in Glückstadt, there comes tasty matjes from and brings a lucky track!Fish buying Tip from Chef Thomas Sixt
2. Recipe Matjes Salad with Sea Asparagus and Apple
Now let’s get to the cooking part of this post. Below I show you the preparation step by step. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via the comment function at the bottom of the page. Gladly me!
- 1 Pack Matjes Fillet I have used Glückstädter herb fillets
- 1 pc Apple
- 100 g Queller Sea asparagus, Salicorne
- 1 tbsp. Balsamic-Glace Eingekochter Balsamico
- 4 pinches Sugar I take brown sugar
- 2 pinches Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 80 g Leaf salads I use colorful leaf lettuce
- 1 tsp. Sesame Furikake I use Sesame Ume plums
- Provide the ingredients: Matjes, apple, lettuce, salicorne, spices.
- Taste matjes or pickled herring and soak in cold water for 10 minutes, depending on taste. The fish fillets should not have too strong a taste of vinegar or salt.
- Pluck lettuce by the bite, wash briefly in cold water and spin dry.
- Cut apple into thin strips, bring matjeshering into bite-sized pieces.
- Rinse celery briefly under cold running water. Then sauté briefly in a frying pan or wok over high heat with oil. Add a little sugar and caramelize.
- Use boiled down balsamic and olive oil to marinate the ingredients.
- Arrange salad attractively appetizing and serve quickly. I have additionally sprinkled sesame Furikake Ume plums. The sesame seasoning is available in my cooking box.