Today I just show you my recipe Lentil Salad. You can serve this salad with lentils cold or lukewarm, I leave that to you.
Today I have freshly cooked beetroot, orange and lamb’s lettuce with walnuts as an addition to the lentils.
The salad tastes surprisingly refreshing and will surely please you.
The preparation I show you below with many step by step photos. Good luck!
1. How to prepare Lentil Salad
Here is the overview of the preparation. Also note my hints at the end of the recipe…
- Cook the turnips in salt water until soft. Use a pressure pot, then it goes faster.
- Then transfer the turnips to the washbasin and peel with cold water.
- Peeling is easy… the skin just peels off.
- Let the turnips cool lukewarm, then cut into fine slices and place in a bowl.
- Add white wine vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper, oil and freshly ground caraway seeds and marinate.
- At the same time prepare the lentils with vegetable cubes and onion cubes and cook in vegetable stock until soft.
- I always add some curry to the lentils, we know this from the Indian lentil salad. Curry supports the taste of the lentils.
- Clean, wash and prepare lamb’s lettuce.
- Prepare orange fillets or peel orange and cut into pieces.
- Prepare a salad dressing with orange juice, vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Marinate the lentils with balsamic vinegar and serve.
- Add beetroot slices, marinate lamb’s lettuce and add.
I have already written elsewhere about the health effects of beetroot!
2. Recipe for simple lentil salad
Below are the step-by-step instructions with many photos. If you have any questions please use the comment function!
- 500 g beetroot
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp caraway
- 40 ml white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 Prisen pepper
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 70 ml sunflower oil or olive oil
- 1 cups lentils
- 1 pc soup vegetables
- 1 pc onion
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 pc bay
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 4 pinches salt
- 4 pinches black pepper
- 1 tsp Curry
- 2 tbsp Balsamico
- 100 g lamb's lettuce
- 2 pc Orangen
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon-mustard
- 4 pinches salt
- 4 pinches black pepper
- 1-2 tsp honey
- 80 ml olive oil
- 2 pc Orangen for fillets or orange pieces
- 4-6 pc walnut kernels
- Cook the beetroot in salted water until soft. You can use a pressure pot, then it goes faster.
- Pour off the beetroot and peel under running cold water. Then let cool and cut out unattractive places.
- Cut the turnips into thin slices, you can also use a slicer.
- Place the beet slices in a bowl.
- Toast the caraway in a mortar so that the aroma can develop better.
- Season the beet slices with caraway, salt, sugar, vinegar and oil.
- Refine beetroot salad with pepper, mix well and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Season beetroot salad to taste, arrange and serve. Enjoy your meal!
- Sweat the lentils with diced vegetables and onions in a saucepan. Add the bay leaf, vegetable stock, sugar, salt, pepper and curry and cook the lentils.
- If necessary, add water, cook the lentils until al dente, then remove the bay leaf and season with balsamic vinegar lukewarm.
- Cut off the roots from the lamb's lettuce. Gently weigh lamb's lettuce in cold water, dry and drain on kitchen paper.
- Squeeze two oranges and mix with vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and honey. Let the olive oil run in slowly and stir to a creamy dressing.
- Squeeze the walnuts into the mortar to decorate.
- Either filet or peel and chop the oranges. Arrange the lentils, add the beetroot, marinate the lamb's lettuce and add it neatly, add the orange pieces and serve decorated with walnuts.
3. Calorie lentil salad with beetroot, lamb's lettuce and oranges, an overview of nutritional values
4. Other Beetroot RecipesBeetroot soup
Borscht - Red beet stew
Herring feast with beetroot
Labskaus with beetroot
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Clean Eating Recipes
- Gluten-Free Starters Recipes
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes
- Low Carb Recipes
- Low Carb Salads Recipes
- Low Carb Vegetarian Recipes
- Quick Meals
- Salad Starters Recipes
- Salads Recipes
- Vegetarian Appetizers
- Vegetarian Main Dishes Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes