OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Violà my recipe Lemon Tarte for sweet treats. I will show you step by step how to successfully bake lemons with many pictures.
The Tarte au Citron is a classic French variant of a tart. You can serve it as a dessert or in the afternoon to your guests.
Lemons are rarely used as a whole in Germany. In this original version they are blanched in slices and placed on top of the cake.
Now quickly tie the baking apron around you and I wish you good luck!
1. Tarte au Citron, an Evergreen with surprising Details
Besides the expected ingredients you also need dried peas. I can also warmly recommend dried beans, which have a little more weight.
The shortcrust pastry is first baked with dried peas for weighting down
For this you also need a tarte or flan form.
2. Bake with French Ease
The preparation of three different ingredients I show you below in the recipe in detail:
- shortcrust pastry
- cream as filling
- blanching lemons
This sounds complex, but you can make baking for this wonderfully easy.
You can prepare a shortcrust pastry first. This can also be done the day before!
You can bake the shortcrust pastry one day in advance. This can be done even earlier, but then you should freeze it in the mould.
You can prepare the lemon top at your leisure while baking the shortcrust pastry plus the filling. The dough and filling take a good 50 minutes. The cooking for the lemon top takes about 15 minutes.
3. Recipe Lemon Tarte
Now follows my recipe for a fine pastry. Have fun with it!
If you have any questions regarding the preparation of the Tarte au Citron, please do not hesitate to contact me via the comment function.
- 125 g flour finely sieved
- 2 tbs icing sugar finely sieved
- 1 pinch salt
- 75 g Butter lukewarm
- 1 pc egg yolk
- 1-2 tbs Lemon abrasion from an organic lemon
- 200 g dried peas or dried beans to weigh down the shortcrust pastry during baking
- 3 pc eggs
- 2 pc egg yolk
- 160 g fine brown sugar
- 125 ml cream
- 120 ml lemon juice from 3 lemons
- 2 tbs Lemon abrasion from an organic lemon
- 3 pc small lemons organic and thoroughly washed
- 130 g sugar
- 200 ml water
- Sieve the flour and icing sugar into a bowl. Form a hollow in the middle.
- Add butter, egg yolk and a pinch of salt to the bowl. Mix the ingredients with your hands. Start in the bowl and gradually work through to the outside. Knead well and form a ball.
- Wrap the dough ball for the shortcrust pastry in a plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.Grease a 2 cm deep and approx. 21 cm wide baking tin for tart or flan. It is also possible to use small tart moulds in portions.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry between two layers of cling film or baking paper to a thickness of approx. 3 mm.
- Cut out the dough round.
- Line the prepared mould with it and remove the dough residues at the edge. Cover the dough with baking paper and weigh down with dry peas or beans and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the baked short pastry tartes cool in the tin. Remove the peas as soon as possible.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150° C.Put the eggs, egg yolk and sugar in a bowl.
- Stir with cream, lemon juice and lemon dust.
- Pour the filling into the cooled shortcrust pastry tin.Bake for 50 minutes until the filling has set. Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Wash and dry the lemons. Then cut the lemons into 2mm thick slices.
- Dissolve sugar in 200 ml hot water in a small pot or saucepan.Briefly blanch the lemons in boiling water for 3 minutes. This is recommended in many books, I left it out!Cook the lemon slices in water with plenty of icing sugar at low heat for 15 minutes until soft.
- The lemon slices are now glassy and the peel soft. Now remove the lemon slices with the skimmer and drain.
- Cut the lemon slices in half and arrange them in a star shape on a board.
- Carefully place the lemon topping with a dough card in the middle of the tartes.
- Bon Appetit!
4. Calories (kcal) Lemon Tarte, the Nutritional Values at a Glance
5. Further Recipe Ideas...Lemon muffins
Apricot tart with puff pastry
Apricot cake with shortcrust pastry - Apricot tart french style
Cherry pie with puff pastry
Remember for Christmas: Tarte recipe from cookie dough
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Baking Recipes
- Cake Recipes
- Current and New Recipes
- Desserts & Sweets
- French Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German