Lemon Risotto Recipe in Variations. Prepare a delicious Risotto with Lemon.
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Lemon Risotto Shopping List for the SupermarketFor the lemon risotto you need the following ingredients: Lemon Risotto with Asparagus and Tomatoes
- 1-2 organic lemons
- a bunch of asparagus white or green
- some cocktail tomatoes
- 1-2 shallots or young onions
- risotto rice
- optional dry white wine
- vegetable broth
- butter, olive oil
- salt, pepper, sugar, nutmeg
- Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
2. Prepare Lemon RisottoHere you find my step by step instructions for the preparation of lemon risotto. Risotto rice with young onions in a pot. You can also use shallots. Sweat rice and onions with butter and olive oil for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Then add the white wine and vegetable stock and simmer for about 18 minutes. For the lemon risotto you need finely grated lemon peel. Use a fine grater. When selecting the lemon, pay attention to organic quality and untreated peel. Add the lemon grater to the risotto towards the end of cooking. It is sufficient if the grated lemon is cooked for approx. 2 minutes. This preserves the essential oils and aromas and the lemon risotto tastes powerful without being bitter. Well-known English chefs tend to use a lot of lemon rubbing. My recommendation is to gradually add lemon grime and try it first. The lemon aroma should please the palate and not be bitter. Mix risotto with butter, olive oil and some grated cheese until creamy. You can also season your risotto with lemon juice. You can now flexibly add fried zucchini slices or asparagus and tomatoes to the lemon risotto. It is best to prepare the vegetables in an extra pot. This way you can determine the exact cooking degree of the vegetables. Just before serving, add the vegetables to the risotto and always prepare some vegetables for a colourful dish. Green or white asparagus goes perfectly with lemon risotto. Use only a little asparagus as an addition, otherwise you will cook an asparagus risotto. The cocktail tomatoes with some olive oil, salt. Marinate the pepper and sugar. Then caramelize with a cream Brulee burner and prepare for serving. The tomatoes bring a great color on the plate. Fish, prawns or tofu go excellently with lemon risotto. You can easily prepare saithe or other fish in the oven. Put the salmon fillets seasoned with salt and pepper in a buttered oven dish and cook the fish for 10 minutes at 90° C hot air. Lemon risotto wonderfully arranged with caramelized tomatoes, some asparagus and fish. You can also serve the risotto vegetarian, for example with fried tofu cubes or if it is suitable with freshly fried prawns.
3. Recipe Lemon RisottoBelow you will find my recipe for lemon risotto. With the tips in the article you can adapt the recipe flexibly to your own taste. I wish you every success!
Lemon Risotto Recipe
Lemon risotto recipe from professional chef and chef Thomas Sixt. Succesful instructions for risotto with lemon in variations with prawns, with fish, vegetarian. Recipe with tips from the star kitchen.
Lemon Risotto Ingredients
|120||g||risotto rico (Arborio or Vialone Nano)|
|1-2||pc||young onions (or shallots)|
|80||ml||dry white wine (optional!)|
|1||bunch||Asparagus (green or white asparagus)|
|1-2||pc||Zucchini (optional instead of asparagus)|
Decoration and Side Dishes
|40||g||parmesan (or Pecorino)|
Variants Lemon Risotto with Fish, Prawns, Vegetarian
|240||g||hake (or )|
|4-8||pc||prawns (or )|
|200||g||tofu (my tip: smoked tofu, this one is tastier!)|
Sweat the raw risotto rice and young onions cut into fine rings or diced shallots in a pot with a little butter and olive oil. Add the white wine, bring to the boil with the vegetable stock and simmer until light. Stir the risotto constantly.
Peel the asparagus and cut off the ends, cut the asparagus spears into fine pieces up to the tips. Season a little water with salt, pepper and sugar and bring to the boil. Cook the asparagus pieces until al dente, drain and use the cooking water for the risotto.
Alternatively, cut the zucchini into 3 mm thick slices and sauté in a little olive oil. Season the zucchini slices with salt and pepper and prepare them for later serving.
Marinate the cocktail tomatoes in a pan with olive oil, salt, pepper and sugar and caramelize with the cream Brulee burner. You can also caramelize the tomatoes briefly in the pan if you don’t have a cream Brulee burner at home.
Finely grate the Pecorino or Parmesan cheese. Refine the risotto with a little cheese, butter and olive oil until creamy.
Grate the organic lemon finely and stir the lemon dust into the risotto. Let the risotto simmer gently for two minutes. Season the risotto to taste with a little lemon juice.
Place the fish fillet in a buttered oven dish and season with salt and pepper. Cook the fish at hot air, preheated at 90°C for 10 minutes. Alternatively, fry the raw, drained shrimps in a pan with olive oil or fry the tofu cubes briefly in the pan.
Flavour the lemon risotto with salt, pepper and nutmeg. You can also season with a little cayenne pepper and add it for a soft spice.
Arrange the lemon risotto on warmed plates, toss the prepared decorative asparagus tips in foamed butter and place on the risotto.
Add the caramelized cocktail tomatoes, fish/shrimps or tofu. Sprinkle the lemon risotto with some cold olive oil and serve quickly.
4. Calories Lemon Risotto, the Nutritional Values at a Glance
The nutritional values are calculated for the lemon risotto with asparagus, tomatoes and saithe.
More risotti recipes on this page:
Information about lemon risotto by Schuhbeck and Jamie Oliver:
Alfons Schuhbeck also cooks lemon risotto with ginger and chilli.
Jamie Oliver cooks lemon risotto with lots of lemon, fennel and mint.