My Lemon Chicken recipe I show you in this post.
You can prepare this roast chicken in the oven or on the grill. The advantage of the preparation in the oven: You prepare the chicken, the side dishes and the sauce in a wash. This is practical and saves time.
When you get guests, it’s a great dish. Below you will find some tips on how to put meat and side dishes on your plate without stress.
Have fun reading and good luck!
1. Marinate Chicken with Lemon and Rosemary
Chicken with lemon and rosemary, this is a great summer dish. Here, great aromas develop when roasted, the taste is heavenly!
I do the marinating as follows:
- Place a large frozen bag in the freezer and open it
- Rub an organic lemon directly onto the bag with the fine grater,
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of dried or freshly and finely chopped rosemary and 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Add a few pinches of chilli flakes according to taste,
- Close the bag with a knot and massage the chicken with the herbs and aromatics vigorously with your hands.
- You can let the marinated chicken mature in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 24 hours and then prepare it.
- Place the marinated chicken on a deep baking tray or in a roaster, push in front of the oven and season with salt and pepper.
Now let’s think about the side dishes… to this chicken fit the most different vegetables and salads…
2. Side Dish Ideas for Lemon Chicken with Rosemary
Now let’s look at the list of side dishes. I’ve structured this a bit to make your kitchen life easier.
Vegetables to prepare in the Oven:
- Potatoes sliced or cut into quarters or eighths
- Sweet potatoes halved
- Courgettes sliced or cut into pieces
- Bell pepper red, yellow, green – cut into long strips
- Eggplant sliced or quartered
- Oyster mushrooms, chanterelles, champignons and other mushrooms
- Cucumber salad with or without dill, prepared with cream or without cream
- Tomato salad
- Various potato salads
- Green salad or colourful leaf salad with salad dressing of your choice
- Bean Salad
Further Side Dishes:
- Tomato rice
- Saffron risotto
- Roasted asparagus
- Grill asparagus
- French fries
- fried potatoes
- potato gratin
- Ratatouille prepared in an extra pot
- baked potatoes
Sauces and Dips:
I’ve written you the sauces above, but this chicken doesn’t need any extra sauce because the gravy tastes delicious.
3. Tips for Grilled Chicken
Cut The Chicken befor grilling:
I like to cut the chicken in half before marinating and put the chicken halves on the grill. This way you can prepare the grill chicken faster and safer.
Whole chicken – please grill indirectly:
If you place the whole chicken on the grill, indirect grilling has proven to be effective: To do this, push the embers to the sides of the grill and grill at the same time with the lid on.
4. Cooking Video preparing Chicken in the Oven
In the following Headcam Cooking video I show you the preparation of chicken in the oven as an example for this recipe.
5. Lemon Chicken Recipe
Now you are well prepared, I wish you every success. Please note the tips for the guest kitchen at the end of the recipe!
- 1 pc lemon
- 2 tbs rosemary
- 2-3 tbs oliv oil
- salt I use Ursalz or Himalaya salt.
- pepper I use black pepper
- 1 pc chicken whole organic chicken!
- 8 pc potatoes small or sweet potatoes
- 3 pc Mixed peppers
- 1 pc courgette
- 4-6 pc shallots I also like to use quartered onions!
- 4 pc cloves of garlic
- 1 pc eggplant
- 10 pc cherry tomatoes
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 50 g Butter
- First prepare the marinade: Place a large freezer bag in the marinade, grate the lemon finely, add rosemary and olive oil to the bag. Wash the chicken under running water, pat dry and place in the bag.
- Close the freezer bag and knot, massage the chicken vigorously in the bag and marinate. Let the marinated chicken mature in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 220°C hot air.
- Buy and prepare the vegetables according to the market offer: My list of ingredients above is only a suggestion. Brush a deep baking tray with oil. Cut hard vegetables such as potatoes into quarters or eighths, halve peppers, remove seeds and place in strips, freed from stalk bases.
- Garlic peeled and halved. Add the whole shallots without peel. Cut large onions into quarters and aubergines into slices. You can add zucchini in slices and mushrooms a little later, so that the vegetables are firm to the bite on the plate.
- Add the chicken marinated with lemon and rosemary to the vegetables and place the baking tray in the oven. Set the kitchen alarm clock to 20 minutes. When it rings, add the white wine and butter. You can also prepare the sauce with vegetable stock if you don't want the wine. Cook the chicken for a further 20-25 minutes on a low heat, then remove or carve it and place it on warm plates with the vegetables. Serve with the sauce. Enjoy your meal!
- Set the kitchen alarm clock to 20 minutes. When it rings, add the white wine and butter. You can also prepare the sauce with vegetable broth if you don't want the wine.
- Cook the chicken for a further 20-25 minutes on a low heat, then remove or carve it and place it on a warm plate with the vegetables. Serve with the sauce. Enjoy your meal!
6. Overview on Calories and Nutritional Values
7. More Recipes with ChickenOn my website you will find the following great recipes for your kitchen... Roast chicken with pepper marinade
Prepare baking chicken and baking chicken step by step
Roast chicken with cola marinade
Recipe chicken oriental
Prepare chicken in the pan
Chicken curry recipe with cooking video