Lamb Goulash Recipe, Goulash with Lamb Meat, Beans and Potatoes
from Thomas Sixt
Hi, I am a German Chef and Food Photographer. The imparting of cooking knowledge is my great passion. Everyone can cook for himself and with this website I would like to contribute to its success. Cooking questions I answer you gladly at the end of the articles. Have fun and good luck!
Table of Contents
1. Lamb Goulash Shopping ListYou’re at the supermarket looking for the ingredients for a lamb goulash? Then this list will surely help you:
- lamb goulash meat, ideal are loosened lamb knuckles or meat from the shoulder/club
- onions or shallots
- cloves of garlic
- floury potatoes
- chili peppers or chilli flakes
- green beans
- clarified butter or oil
- tomato puree
- beef broth or veal stock
- salt, black pepper
- sweet paprika
- caraway, oregano, thyme
- a lemon
2. Lamb Goulash cook yourself the professional Cooking TipsSo that the goulash with lamb safely succeeds here some cook professional tips:
- Cut the meat into 3 cm cubes.
- Use a large pot with lid or better an oval roaster.
- First peel and chop the onion.
- A part of meat and a part of onions have proven to be good proportions.
- Heat the roaster and season the meat with salt and pepper shortly before frying.
- I usually season the meat on the wrapping paper.
- Let the meat take on its colour, heat the stove to the highest temperature.
- After turning the meat add the onion cubes and continue roasting.
- The onions may turn light brown.
- Add the tomato paste and roast briefly until light brown.
- Deglaze with the broth or veal stock and season with paprika.
- Lamb goulash is a stew, therefore the goulash is better in the oven!
- Season the lamb goulash with garlic, lemon grated, caraway, oregano and thyme and place in the preheated oven with the lid on.
- 190 °C top/bottom heat is ideal.
- Set the kitchen alarm clock to one hour and chill in the meantime!
3. Supplements to the Lamb GoulashYou can serve the lamb goulash with potato gratin, parsley potatoes and bacon beans. I find ribbon noodles inappropriate. Today it’s even easier…
- Peel some small potatoes and cut them into quarters.
- Cut a potato into pieces.
- Clean and chop the beans.
- Cook the beans and the chopped potatoes in salted water until al dente.
- Drain the beans and the decorative potatoes and put them back in the pot with a little butter.
Arrange the lamb goulash: Please use hot plates, place meat and potatoes on the plate, add warm beans and decorative potatoes and serve decorated with fresh oregano… that’s wonderful!
4. Recipe Lamb GoulaschTo make sure it works here is my recipe for lamb goulash. Let the lamb cook longer, so that it comes butter-soft on the table. Good luck and a good appetite!
Lamb Goulasch Recipe
Lamb goulash recipe with beans and potatoes. Recipe for goulash with lamb from the professional chef and chef Thomas Sixt.
|800||g||lamb goulasch meat (loosened lamb knuckles or meat from the shoulder/club)|
|1-2||tbs||clarified butter (or oil)|
|800||ml||Beef broth (or veal stock or half/half)|
|2||tbs||paprika nobel sweet|
|2||pc||clove of garlic|
|1||bunch||fresh oregano (for decoration)|
Prepare Lamb Goulash Ingredients
Let the butcher cut the lamb. Three cm high meat cubes are ideal for the lamb goulash.
Peel and chop the onion. Chop the chilli finely. Wash and quarter the potatoes, cut a potato into small pieces or into cubes (decorative potato).
Clean the beans and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Cook the beans and decorative potatoes in boiling salted water until al dente, drain, put butter back in the pot, season with salt and pepper.
Lamb Goulasch Preparation
Fry the lamb in a roaster at high heat with oil or clarified butter. After turning, add the onion cubes and sweat/roast until light brown. Add the tomato paste and roast briefly until light brown. Deglaze with broth or veal stock and bring to the boil.
Add the sweet paprika and chopped chilli, season the lamb goulash with salt and pepper, caraway, lemon peel and oregano.
Cook lamb goulash with closed lid in the oven at 190°C top/bottom heat for one hour. Please set the kitchen alarm clock to 60 minutes.
Add the quartered potatoes to the lamb goulash and cook in the oven with the lid on for another 30-40 minutes.
Heat the beans and the decorative potatoes in the pot. Warm the plates and arrange the lamb goulash on hot plates. Add the beans and the decorative potatoes and serve quickly. Enjoy your meal!
5. Calories Lamb Goulash, the Nutritional Values at a Glance