OTHER LANGUAGES: German
Here you find my recipe Kale Soup vegetarian. My soup is a basic soup with many variations.
Kale, also called brown cabbage in some German regions, is mainly served in Northern and Central Germany. There, the beautiful green cabbage usually ends up on the plate heavily overcooked with fatty meat and sausages. So far, the traditional way.
I am a friend of the use of regional ingredients, which are prepared according to the modern spirit of the time. I do not want to deprive our cabbage of its vitamins and colour and prefer short cooking times. Optics and taste experience are suddenly sensational and let the vegetables shine in new splendor!
Have fun cooking and combining! Bon appetit!
1. Kale Soup, the Variants
First the overview for this soup with ideas for variations and soup ingredients…
|Variants for preparation||Basic supplement||Insert||Topping|
|With meat||chicken broth, white wine||chorizo or streaky bacon sautéed||leek rings|
|With fish||vegetable broth, white wine, cream||smoked eel or fresh cod||roasted garlic or chili peppers|
|Vegetarian||vegetable broth, white wine, cream||potatoes, beetroot||fried onions|
|Vegan||vegetable broth, soy cream||Jerusalem artichoke||chopped walnut, wholemeal bread croutons|
2. Kale Soup, the Ingredients at a Glance
For your basic soup as kale soup you definitely need:
- Fresh kale washed, i.e. the stalk of the leaves removed
- Soup vegetables cleaned and cut
- Vegetable broth
- Dry white wine
- Cream or soy cream
- Pepper, salt
- Cayenne pepper
- Grated nutmeg
- Butter or rape oil
For the soup I use potatoes and onions.
3. Kale Soup as Cream Soup
The kale soup is a soup pureed with a hand blender. I will show you the preparation further down with many photos.
I don’t pass through this soup, so the valuable kale fibre is put on the table!
This basic soup is delicious in itself. To make the soup even more exciting, I have prepared a simple soup bowl and a matching decoration. The eye finally eats with!
- Garnish for the soup, my variant:
- Potatoes peeled, diced and blanched
- Onions in strips, caramelized in the pan with sugar
- Radish seedlings
- Chili Flakes
4. Recipe Kale Soup vegetarian
- 300 g kale
- 1-2 pc onion I like to use shallots.
- 140 g soup vegetables carrot, celery, leek
- 1 tbs butter or rape oil
- 70 ml white wine
- 300 ml vegetable broth
- 100 ml cream or soy cream
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 pc potatoes medium size!
- 3 pinches salt
- 2 pc red onion
- 2 tbs oliv oil or sunflower oil
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1 cm cubes. Blanch the potato cubes in salted water until firm to the bite, drain and prepare for later serving.
- Cut 2 red onions into strips. Lightly fry them in a frying pan with oil. Sprinkle the onion strips in the pan with brown sugar and caramelise. Set aside for later serving.
- Peel the onion and cut into strips or cubes. Wash, peel and chop the soup vegetables evenly. Sauté the vegetables in the pot with the butter until colourless for 6-8 minutes. Then deglaze with white wine.
- Place the washed kale leaves one by one on the board and cut out the panicle generously. Put some leaves aside for kale chips.
- Add remaining kale to the soup mixture and cook for 1 minute with lid.
- The kale has now collapsed, add the stock and let the soup base simmer without a lid for about 10 minutes. This way the green colour of the kale is preserved.
- Mix the curly kale soup with a hand blender, add cream and leave to stand for another 10 minutes. Do not boil the soup any more!
- Warm up the soup plates. Place the soup on the plate and add the potato cubes as garnish. Garnish the soup with a topping of caramelized onions and radish seedlings plus chili flakes. Bon appetit!
5. Calories and Nutritional Values
6. More delicious Soups RecipesAll soup recipes
Kale Soup with Eel Recipe for a perfect Dinner
Potato soup, Tomato soup, Herbs soup, Pumpkin soup, Bouillabaise, Gazpacho, Asparagus soup, Pea soup, Potato soup
- All Recipes by German Chef Thomas Sixt
- Current and New Recipes
- German Food and Recipes from German Kitchen
- Kale Recipes
- Low Carb Soups Recipes
- Low Carb Vegetarian Recipes
- Quick Meals
- Soups Recipes
- Starters Soups Recipes
- Vegetarian Main Dishes Recipes
- Winter Soups Recipes
OTHER LANGUAGES: German