The recipe Veal Escalope Italian I show you in this post. I will go into the basic possibilities of veal escalope preparation and give you a good overview.
My veal cutlet cooking video offers you a good instruction to cook yourself.
Please try this recipe and share it with your friends on Facebook, thank you!
- 1. Prepare Veal Escalope like in Italy
- 2. Simply prepare the Veal Escalope
- 3. Veal Escalope natural without Breadcrumbs
- 4. Breaded Veal Escalope
- 5. Veal Escalope Cooking Time
- 6. Veal Escalope with Sauce
- 7. Video Veal Escalope Italian Style
- 8. Side Dishes for Veal Escalope
- 9. Recipe Veal Escalope Italian Style
- 10. Calories
1. Prepare Veal Escalope like in Italy
In general, you can prepare a veal escalope in natural or breaded form. Both variations are good, just note that it makes a big difference during preparation whether you put your schnitzel “naturally” in the pan or breaded. My Italian veal escalope is a natural escalope and is prepared with capers, olives and martini. I think the Italian and Mediterranean “impact” is good to recognize and will please you.
My recipe is Mediterranean and summery!
2. Simply prepare the Veal Escalope
The unplated cossette is usually only gently beaten or plated. Plating is the gentle method of pulp beating and is done with a smooth plating iron or meat plater. You can also use a saucepan. The normal Schnitzelklopfer has a structure, through the knocking, the meat is “chopped up” according to blow intensity. The meat structure is broken open, so to speak, and the schnitzel is later soft. For veal escalope natural I recommend you a escalope of veal back or topside, this meat is also soft without tapping, or light plating is sufficient for a very good result.
3. Veal Escalope natural without Breadcrumbs
The escalope is usually lightly plated, seasoned with salt and pepper shortly before roasting and then fried in clarified butter, sunflower oil or coconut oil. I like to use a cast pan for the schnitzel roast, because the heat in this pan is much higher than in a coated pan. You can add a clove of garlic and a sprig of thyme or rosemary when you fry the veal escalope. Both aromatics give the escalope an extra fine taste.
The schnitzel Italian is a taste firework and a delicious variation!
4. Breaded Veal Escalope
The classic is the Viennese Escalope – Wiener Schnitzel, breaded with flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Another variation is the veal escalope Parisian style. First season the beaten schnitzel, turn it in flour, then pull it through a beaten egg (refined with a little cream, salt, pepper, a little paprika) and then immediately float it in the pan, baked with plenty of fat. The Wiener Schnitzel recipe is explained in detail elsewhere. I’ll be happy if you cook it up and get a good schnitzel on your plate.
5. Veal Escalope Cooking Time
The cooking time of the veal escalope depends on the meat thickness. A thin schnitzel (0.5 cm) is roasted at high heat, cooked in approx. 2 minutes per side. A thicker schnitzel (1 cm) takes 2-4 minutes on each side. Cooking test: raw meat yields softly when pressed, cooked meat yields firmly.
6. Veal Escalope with Sauce
In my recipe I show a quick sauce with martini, white wine and chicken broth. In combination with capers, olives, garlic and butter a sensational taste develops, strong, with a pleasant sweetness. You can also prepare the sauce with a bought or homemade veal stock. Halve the veal stock from the glass, mix the sauce with cold butter and season with pepper and some dark chocolate.
7. Video Veal Escalope Italian Style
In the video I show you the preparation of my recipe step by step. You can look over my shoulders while cooking and implement all the tips and tricks yourself.
The veal escalope without breading is a feast for the palate!
8. Side Dishes for Veal Escalope
Since I am asked again and again to the supplements, here immediately some ideas for the different Schnitzel variants.
8.1 Supplements Veal Escalope Natural
Natural veal escalope with parsley potatoes, thyme potatoes, croquettes, mashed potatoes, glazed vegetables, cooked or steamed or fried green and white asparagus, leaf spinach, almond broccoli or steamed root vegetables.
8.2 Side Dishes Veal Escalope – Schnitzel Viennese
Breaded veal schnitzel or Wiener Schnitzel with parsley potatoes and potato salad. I love the Wiener Schnitzel with a viennese style potato salad also fine is a Bavarian potato salad or a potato salad with mayonnaise.
9. Recipe Veal Escalope Italian Style
I think it has become a very interesting and exciting dish in terms of taste. Please cook it and write me your impression here or on Facebook.
- 2 pc veal escalopes
- 2 tbsp wheat flour alternatively gluten-free flour or corn starch
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 pc shallot
- 1 pc garlic
- 40 g Butter
- 1 tbsp capers
- 10 pc black and green olives
- 1 pc anchovies
- 60 ml Martini
- 80 ml dry white wine
- 120 ml chicken broth
- some salt
- some pepper
- If necessary, lightly plate the veal escalope, then season on both sides with salt and pepper and turn in flour. Then fry with some sunflower oil in the pan on both sides.
- After turning the veal cutlet, add the pine nuts and roast with them. Then add the finely diced shallot and garlic in one piece for flavouring.
- Add a little butter to the pan, capers, olives and anchovies. All ingredients in the pan briefly take taste, deglaze with Martini and white wine, fill with broth and cook briefly for a few minutes.
- Arrange veal escalope with capers and olives, serve with some potatoes and spinach leaves.